King Ranch seats in an OBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
King Ranch seats in an OBS

Has anyone put these in?

I've read about you guys doing the superduty seats, were those easy to mount.

I bought some King ranch seats with the center console I took some measrements and the brackets are def different, at first glsnce it looks like I may modify the seat bracket and/or modify the body.

Also I have the red interior so I painted the tan on the center console red and the brown plastic on the seats red to better match the interior, will have pics later this week

Old 08-25-2014, 01:10 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In general I think that most guys mount the SD seats to the OBS seat bracket (pan) in the front. In the rear you don't have the pan, so most guys end up fastening the seats directly to the floor. I looked at Bill's a few weeks back and that's how his were anyway...

Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM
jchosler
Elder User
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
In general I think that most guys mount the SD seats to the OBS seat bracket (pan) in the front. In the rear you don't have the pan, so most guys end up fastening the seats directly to the floor. I looked at Bill's a few weeks back and that's how his were anyway...
I guess I dont really know what the "pan" is, Im sure Ill figure it out quick when I get the old ones out

Old 08-25-2014, 01:48 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 08-25-2014, 01:51 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The SD seats in my OBS are all bolted directly to the floor. I used some pretty good sized washers to spread the load around in case I ever do wreck it, but thankfully I haven't had to test that. LOL. On the passenger side I had to space up the side closest to the door about an inch b/c of the way the transmission tunnel is and how the center seat sits.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:47 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
The SD seats in my OBS are all bolted directly to the floor. I used some pretty good sized washers to spread the load around in case I ever do wreck it, but thankfully I haven't had to test that. LOL. On the passenger side I had to space up the side closest to the door about an inch b/c of the way the transmission tunnel is and how the center seat sits.

Well there you go! I stand corrected.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 AM
jchosler
Elder User

Thanks for the link, I have the same exact front setup, I am still looking for a rear seat though. I just took one of the seats to a leather guy cuz there is one tear in a wear spot which is why I got the deal i did. I'll have him repair that then install

Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Is oyour passenger stting higher the the driver than?

I actually found your right up when you did yours I just didnt see pics of the finished product. Do you have that

Old 10-06-2014, 09:20 AM
jchosler
Elder User
I installed my front King Ranch seats today. Big upgrade. I sit a little higher which I like. I had to cut the front inside bracket off each seat and reweld them to contour the floor but still was painless. Drilled some holes and was done.

Im thinking of trying to find a seat cover that matches the king ranch seats for the rear bench. Does that exist?

Old 10-07-2014, 07:14 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
I totally never saw your last post! Lol. I have a pic of my SD seats running around somewhere. Just don't remember where. Looks like you got it figured out though. Looks good.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:09 PM
jchosler
Elder User
I totally never saw your last post! Lol. I have a pic of my SD seats running around somewhere. Just don't remember where. Looks like you got it figured out though. Looks good.
No worries, I still need to get the seat belt worked out. What did you end up doing for that or did they both work with each other? My male wont fit into the female

Old 10-07-2014, 08:25 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jchosler

No worries, I still need to get the seat belt worked out. What did you end up doing for that or did they both work with each other? My male wont fit into the female
I didn't use the SD female ends. I took those out and used the stock female ends. They just got pulled up between the seats and hang out there. Lol

Old 10-07-2014, 11:38 PM
glovemeister
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Why not swap in the sd seatbelts?

Old 10-07-2014, 11:59 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
It's easier to use the factory ends, but if you wanted to see if the SD parts would fit, that'd be alright too.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM
jchosler
Elder User
I didn't use the SD female ends. I took those out and used the stock female ends. They just got pulled up between the seats and hang out there. Lol

I def saw that as an option, I wanted to see how hard it would be to swap the male ends. Not sure how that comes apart tho

Quick Reply: King Ranch seats in an OBS