debit stuff.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:50 AM
Brad from Oz
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is on their website;

Site news
Date added: 28/05/2014 Contact
Dear Customers, Toolworks retail store operations are presently closed for repairs following damage from building works. During this temporary closure, a new 1800 free call telephone number has been ordered to replace the old landlines for your convenience, the website and web sales are being processed without interruption. please feel free to email for inquiries and we will reply in the shortest possible time frame. We sincerely apologize for the interruption though will resume business as usual shortly.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:19 AM
Byooty
Junior User
Thats why they invented Paypal, at least if its dodgy you can get your money back.....

Old 08-25-2014, 06:43 AM
Blue7.3
Posting Guru
What type of tools where they selling , anything from China huh.

I think I'll stick to the well known tool sellers that you can talk to.

Thanks for the heads up on the tool man, Brian

Old 08-25-2014, 06:59 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Old 08-25-2014, 07:14 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
My local face-to-face tool man at Gasweld dudded me. My plasma cutter stopped working. I noticed the electrical connector in the plug between the torch lead and the unit had a broken contact. Took it back expecting a replacement (4 months old, still looking mint as I'd only used it 6 times).
Got every excuse under the sun - it worked the first time, therefore you broke it, the torch is a consumable (even though the plug connector parts aren't listed as replaceable parts unlike everything at the business end of the torch), they only warrant the torch for 3 months, even though the machine was advertised with a 3 year warranty. So to replace a 6mm long contact 1.5 mm diameter they charged me $136.

I could have nearly sourced a complete replacement torch from China for that much.

Most of the tools stocked everywhere are sourced from China nowadays anyway, as most manufacturers have shifted their production there, you can't write stuff off merely because it's from China. So far I've had good service from Trade Tools, and from Total Tools - both fairly new shops. It was the most established shop, Gasweld, that dudded me - sad for the franchise - and one I won't be visiting again, other than to pick my torch up.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Aussie BrianB
Senior User
Originally Posted by Brad from Oz
This is on their website;

Site news
Date added: 28/05/2014 Contact
Dear Customers, Toolworks retail store operations are presently closed for repairs following damage from building works. During this temporary closure, a new 1800 free call telephone number has been ordered to replace the old landlines for your convenience, the website and web sales are being processed without interruption. please feel free to email for inquiries and we will reply in the shortest possible time frame. We sincerely apologize for the interruption though will resume business as usual shortly.
That sounds just as dodgey, you could have totally rebuilt the
place in three months.
Can't actually find the 1800 number.
They have a gmail email account that I have tried a few times to
contact them through and have had no response.

I don't expect to ever hear from them.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Aussie BrianB
Senior User
Originally Posted by Byooty
Thats why they invented Paypal, at least if its dodgy you can get your money back.....
If only paypal's system designers had enough brain cells to create a
synapse I would be able to use their service.
They claim they are unable, I believe they are just unwilling, to allow both a husband and wife to have paypal accounts.
The "problem" is that as we have a joint account we have cards with the same number and security code.
They have different names though.
I have wasted to much time and effort trying to get them to fix their system to allow for this and have just given up, sick of talking to a brick wall.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:01 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Paypal have useless customer service, but they are good with getting refunds on people that fail to deliver. Depending on your bank Brian, they often offer similar protection with Credit Cards.
Its obviously up to you, but if I was in the situation you were in - and knowing that my bank will refund fraudulent charges - I would just let the situation slide, and if they charge your card in the future, just contest it.

They do sound like a pack of ****** though.

Paypal told me that they have a policy against people having multiple accounts - but you can't use an Australian account in the US and vice-versa. I live in both countries. When I finally was able to speak to a person there (only because we have a corporate account with Paypal), they told me to create a 2nd account for the 2nd country???

Old 08-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Blue7.3
Posting Guru
Not quite sure i"m with you Adrian, i have one joint PayPal account and use it all over the globe with no problems .
What do you mean you need a 2nd PayPal account?

Old 08-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Blue7.3
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SSSimon
My local face-to-face tool man at Gasweld dudded me. My plasma cutter stopped working. I noticed the electrical connector in the plug between the torch lead and the unit had a broken contact. Took it back expecting a replacement (4 months old, still looking mint as I'd only used it 6 times).
Got every excuse under the sun - it worked the first time, therefore you broke it, the torch is a consumable (even though the plug connector parts aren't listed as replaceable parts unlike everything at the business end of the torch), they only warrant the torch for 3 months, even though the machine was advertised with a 3 year warranty. So to replace a 6mm long contact 1.5 mm diameter they charged me $136.

I could have nearly sourced a complete replacement torch from China for that much.

Most of the tools stocked everywhere are sourced from China nowadays anyway, as most manufacturers have shifted their production there, you can't write stuff off merely because it's from China. So far I've had good service from Trade Tools, and from Total Tools - both fairly new shops. It was the most established shop, Gasweld, that dudded me - sad for the franchise - and one I won't be visiting again, other than to pick my torch up.
Simon i think there is two different outlet for products that come out of China , don't get me wrong some of the gear is okay.
I have some Snap-on tools here that have China wrote on them, some of the Snap-on parts are assembled in China and the bulk of the tool is made / assembled in the US, but are of rear good quality, and also have some other products that are crap, it all depends on what and who you are buying off.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue7.3
Not quite sure i"m with you Adrian, i have one joint PayPal account and use it all over the globe with no problems .
What do you mean you need a 2nd PayPal account?
You can't (or at least when I did it, you couldn't) change your registered billing address to be in a different country.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:09 PM
Aussie BrianB
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
Brian,
Thanks for the link.
Just installed the browser extension.
Wish I had known about this before I got caught be these dirtbags.

There is a forum on the main FTE area for reporting dodgey dealers and
online sellers on ebay.
Can a similar one be set up for the Australian chapter that is specific for
Australian ripoff merchants?

Old 08-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Blue7.3
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BigF350
You can't (or at least when I did it, you couldn't) change your registered billing address to be in a different country.
Oh i see, i mean the whole account is the same and no different billing address, I'm with ya

Old 08-26-2014, 04:39 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by Aussie BrianB
Brian,
Thanks for the link.
Just installed the browser extension.
Wish I had known about this before I got caught be these dirtbags.

There is a forum on the main FTE area for reporting dodgey dealers and
online sellers on ebay.
Can a similar one be set up for the Australian chapter that is specific for
Australian ripoff merchants?
Cant see why not. Can you give me a link to the main FTE you mentioned. ( to tired atm to look for it)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodgey online tool seller