1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Went to a car show today

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 07:59 PM
TBird Larry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to a car show today

Car Show was put on by BMR, Bill McAnally Racing at his Championship Service Center. There was a bunch of cool old cars including 3 Studebaker's, one was a truck set up as a Gasser. There were a couple of Chevy trucks and only one F-100 and it was a gorgeous red 56. there were also several Mustangs and Falcons vintage 63 to 65 Sprint's and a Ranchero.
What was really cool was the service center, it is large and full of NASCAR Race Cars. Most were NAPA as McAnally races his cars for NAPA. He has a collection of race cars from the big name drivers. He has Tony Stewart's 20 car from Home Depot days.
He had tons of NASCAR engines, transmissions and rear ends. Here is what all the Ford guys gloat over, they use Ford 9" pumpkin's with a little pulley on the flange with a V-Belt that drives a pump that has braided hoses that go into the back side of the housing which is custom made from aluminum. If you want to keep the pumpkin lubed properly at 200 MPH that's what you need. The drive shafts were bigger than on diesel trucks also.
You can check the Race Cars and Schedule and other cool things at their website.
BMR NAPA AutoCare | BMR RacingBill McAnally Racing | Bill McAnally NAPA AutoCare

Cheers

Old 08-25-2014, 04:54 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
You are correctomondo all Nascar racers use a rear based off the old Ford 9 in. because of ease of change/swap. They may have the same brown eyes but they are no way close to fitting in a 9 in axle housing.

John

Old 08-25-2014, 03:01 PM
TBird Larry
Senior User
I actually made a video but I found I have to edit it as I have a lot of ground shots as the camcorder didn't click off right.
when I do it I will post a video or photos.
Cheers to all...

Old 08-25-2014, 05:49 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Larry, not sure if referring to same car show, Goodguy's Rod and Custom, not know who sponsored the event, was in Pleasanton, Ca. Fair Grounds this last weekend and for those who have not attended one of their events, it is a car show to take in. Goodguy's tour the States; in October the event will be held in N.C., and Texas, and believe Nov. is their last scheduled event for the season in Pleasanton, Ca., and Scottsdate, AZ. The car show usually last over a 3 day period and packed w/ numerous venders and displays. I tend to migrate towards the 'swap meet' area, and the display field where individual bring their treasures and I find it interesting to chat w/ fellow enthusiast. Have not attended for quite some time, when I do, I am like a child in a candy store. One can not take in all the events in a day. On occasion I have checked in w/ vendor and if they are attending the event I will place an order and save the cost of shipping; particularly the large ticket items like headliner, etc. If ever a member's in the area I certainly suggest checking them out, in the swap meet area I have acquired numerous hard to come-by truck and passenger vehicle items over the years.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM
TBird Larry
Senior User
Originally Posted by daveengelson
Larry, not sure if referring to same car show, Goodguy's Rod and Custom, not know who sponsored the event, was in Pleasanton, Ca. Fair Grounds this last weekend and for those who have not attended one of their events, it is a car show to take in. Goodguy's tour the States; in October the event will be held in N.C., and Texas, and believe Nov. is their last scheduled event for the season in Pleasanton, Ca., and Scottsdate, AZ. The car show usually last over a 3 day period and packed w/ numerous venders and displays. I tend to migrate towards the 'swap meet' area, and the display field where individual bring their treasures and I find it interesting to chat w/ fellow enthusiast. Have not attended for quite some time, when I do, I am like a child in a candy store. One can not take in all the events in a day. On occasion I have checked in w/ vendor and if they are attending the event I will place an order and save the cost of shipping; particularly the large ticket items like headliner, etc. If ever a member's in the area I certainly suggest checking them out, in the swap meet area I have acquired numerous hard to come-by truck and passenger vehicle items over the years.
My wife and I have attended the Good Guy's Show several times in the past cruising there in our 64 Bird. That definitely is the place to go to see cool cars. We would spend all day there and then at night we would dance to the oldies until they closed down.
With other obligations we couldn't attend this year. Next year look out, we'll be there!

cheers