1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STOLEN !!! Less than one month old F350 Dually Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:40 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
Every time this thread pops up, I click on it with high hopes that the truck was recovered, and the perpetrator caught and jailed. I've been disappointed every time.

Is there a way to block threads from showing up on my screen. I'm tired of my bubble of hope being burst over and over again.
Yes. Click on Thread Tools near the top and Unsubscribe from this thread.

Wonder why we haven't heard from the O.P.?

Old 10-06-2014, 04:58 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Yes. Click on Thread Tools near the top and Unsubscribe from this thread.

Wonder why we haven't heard from the O.P.?
He can unsubscribe, but when he goes to the main page it will still be there with the new posts and he will still want to click it because he just has to know .

Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 PM
ATP Pilot
More Turbo
update:

No truck, police could care less, insurance just paid off the claim.

One problem...you get the taxes, but if you had a trade when you bought the truck your taxes are less than when you have to buy the replacement truck with no trade.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:06 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
Thanks for reporting back. I suppose we will never find out if they found the key or by passed the ignition.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have read several reports and have seen several youtube vids. showing how it is done these days.

Bad guys can get, and apparently fairly easily, electronic devices that act as universal remotes. They can and do just press a bottom and they can unlock and start virtually ANY vehicle made just as easily as the owner, even the RFID starters. (I don't know if there is a universal key or of they just pull the ignition switch on the keyed models like the old days, but apparently it isn't difficult.)
A tow truck for theft is outdated technology.

Check it out on the net or youtube for yourselves. We live in an electronic world guys and girls, and the crooks can easily exploit it. They probably will eventually steal credit numbers and person IDs from places like say Target. Oh wait........

Old 10-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Originally Posted by ATP Pilot
update:

No truck, police could care less, insurance just paid off the claim.

One problem...you get the taxes, but if you had a trade when you bought the truck your taxes are less than when you have to buy the replacement truck with no trade.
I will have to disagree with you there. I don't think the police could care less!

Old 10-07-2014, 11:46 AM
PAf250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The police may not care, depending on where it happened. I know in Baltimore, MD my in-law's minivan was stolen. Someone took it and drove it until it ran out of gas. A few days later the police called them and told them they found it blocking a street and to bring a 5 gal can of gas. They asked the police if they dusted it for fingerprints, or are going to do an investigation. The cop told them this happens all the time and they don't have time to do any type of investigation on stolen cars. He gave them a basic report to give to their insurance company if they were going to claim any damage.

Does that sound like the police really care?

Another story for you guys that don't know how city police operate.

A lady I work with was parked on the street. While she was out a guy in a work van backed into her car causing $1750 damage. Her neighbor saw the accident and took a picture of the van with her phone and called the police. Well until the police got there the guy left. She showed the picture to the cop, and the cop said that since she didn't have a picture of the license plate they didn't have enough evidence to go on. Come on, she had a picture of the van with the company name on the side of it.

I am sure there are a lot of great cops out there that would care, but not so much in Baltimore City.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:59 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Originally Posted by PAf250

A lady I work with was parked on the street. While she was out a guy in a work van backed into her car causing $1750 damage. Her neighbor saw the accident and took a picture of the van with her phone and called the police. Well until the police got there the guy left. She showed the picture to the cop, and the cop said that since she didn't have a picture of the license plate they didn't have enough evidence to go on. Come on, she had a picture of the van with the company name on the side of it.

I am sure there are a lot of great cops out there that would care, but not so much in Baltimore City.
It's not just Baltimore, it's everywhere. Police used to be here to protect and serve now they couldn't care less about anything that doesn't involve them giving tickets and making money.

My wife had a situation just like you described too. A work van ran into our car and she wrote down the tag number, business name, etc, as the guy sped off. She reported it to the police and they told her they didn't care about a hit and run, no way to find the guy, etc. So my wife tracked the guy down herself, blocked him in at a job and called his boss. After seeing the damage they agreed to pay for it. The cops were pretty useless, but at least it got taken care of.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:07 PM
JM96F250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, is it safe to say they won't find the Creedance tapes?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
I apologize for my last post. There are a lot of fine men and women on our police forces that do care. They just can't do their jobs because of "the system". Change needs to come from the top down, but it clearly does not.

"nuff said.