Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Posting Guru

Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.
The only down side I see on this whole deal we won't have nutin to rag you about now ! Bummer!

Smokie

BigRed 2
Face lifted
2001 F350 Dually PSD 4x4
Banks Equipped
DP Tuned
Old 08-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Postmaster

Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Very nice looking rich. I bet you feel like a pilot in that truck
Seth "WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 343 PAA#129
Not so Early 99 F-250 Super Cab 4X4 w/7.3 stroker w/ 260,000, 6637 filter, 4" MBRP turbo back, coolant filter, zoodad, Hx, AutoMeter Guages, AIC, Leveling kit, Warn Premiums, 285 Duratrac's, Firestone Air Bags, Rancho 9000 XL's, Strobes,
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 08-24-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokiesman View Post
Well Shazmmm son now that's what I'm talkin about!!! It just seems to pull the whole inside of the truck together in harmony !! Where did ya get it? Looks the same as I got in BigRed!
It should - you gave me the link. I want to thank your for that. Now you can tell everybody you had a role in putting Stinky together.

I looked at a lot of options, and there were plenty of covers linked to me. I had that lonely wood trim on the door, and this just popped at my wife and I (yes, I give her a say in Stinky - gotta allow her to love the truck to tolerate me always working on the truck). My primary reason for the choice was the area where I'll be putting my greasy mitts will not wear like the last wheel did. I'm not a 10 and 2 kinda guy - I'm a left-hand-at-twelve driver. My right hand is available to hold my sweetie's hand (she was watching me type this).
Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Postmaster

Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
My right hand is available to hold my sweetie's hand (she was watching me type this).
Great cover Rich. I do the same thing
Seth "WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 343 PAA#129
Not so Early 99 F-250 Super Cab 4X4 w/7.3 stroker w/ 260,000, 6637 filter, 4" MBRP turbo back, coolant filter, zoodad, Hx, AutoMeter Guages, AIC, Leveling kit, Warn Premiums, 285 Duratrac's, Firestone Air Bags, Rancho 9000 XL's, Strobes,
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 08-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Posting Guru

Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Great minds with a little help from the better half think alike! Yer gonna love that wheel !I just went a little more bonkers with the dash!

Smokie

BigRed 2
Face lifted
2001 F350 Dually PSD 4x4
Banks Equipped
DP Tuned
Old 08-24-2014, 10:12 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokiesman View Post
The only down side I see on this whole deal we won't have nutin to rag you about now ! Bummer!

Smokie

well there is always the carpet covered dash top to rag about!!

i mean really Rich, that thing looks like a Donald Trump hairpiece!!!!
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Senior User

lartross is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That steering wheel looks great, Rich! Smokie, where'd you get that dash? That's nice...
Larry 2000 F250 sd, sc, 4x4 long bed 7.3l psd, auto, hutch/harpoon, 6637, 4" turbo back w/high flow muffler ,bypass oil filter, coolant filter, BDP tunes, ELC coolant, Riff/Raff intercooler boots, cvs mod, John Woods valve body, bellowed up pipes, egt gauge, transmission temperature gauge, boost gauge, air bags with compresser, fuel pressure gauge. B.E.S.T. map
Old 08-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Posting Guru

I had my dash hydro dipped by a company in I believe NEB. They did it for $150 . Which I thought after shopping around was a good deal. Nice job and quick turn around this company is in MD! !

Smokie

http://www.lcrhydrographics.com/

BigRed 2
Face lifted
2001 F350 Dually PSD 4x4
Banks Equipped
DP Tuned
Old 08-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Elder User

ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.
Rich, did you get the wheel from Dallas Custom Steering Wheel? If so, which one did you order? Their site is incomprehensible, so I'd probably call before ordering anything.

Mark
2001 Excursion 4x4, Western Diesel gauges, custom tunes, T500, ATS housing, TM wastegate controller, 6637, MBRP 4" exhaust, 6.0 tranny cooler, BTS, BFG AT 275/70-18's, Red Head steering box, Hellwig sway bar, v-codes/AirLift bags
Old 08-24-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Here's the [LINK]
Old 08-24-2014, 12:56 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Looks very nice, not distracting at all.
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 08-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Elder User

90pioneer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have that same under dash gauge pod. I ordered it from riffraff. They were able to toss in some matching spray paint. My dash is grey though, but if you want matching paint you may want to contact them.

I am curious as to why you have the tablet instead of a pillar gauges? Wouldn't the tablet set up like that just scream "break my window and steal me"?
2003 F250 7.3 Lariat, 116k miles, FX4, automatic. Mods: on board air, hutch/harpoon, FRX, coolant filter, Isspro EV2 & Aeroforce gauges, RDS aux tank, Lightforce lamps, aux idle controller, Riffraff 6637, 4" MBRP exhaust, DP Tuner, Wolverine heaters, and a bunch of other crap
Old 08-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Senior User

Walleye Hunter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wheel looks nice. And how do you get under that air bag cover and air bag? I need to work on my shift lever under there.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90pioneer View Post
...I am curious as to why you have the tablet instead of a pillar gauges? Wouldn't the tablet set up like that just scream "break my window and steal me"?
The tablet monitors (with alarms) and logs 10 PIDs (or more if I choose) simultaneously - gauges have to be watched to convey information. The tablet is clipped in, it comes right out and can be put away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
...And how do you get under that air bag cover and air bag? I need to work on my shift lever under there.
The column cover needs to be removed to do that. Unscrew the steering wheel tilt lock (it comes right out) and remove the 3 column cover screws. When the bottom is out, put your key in the ignition and turn it to RUN, then take a small Philips screwdriver and press the ball-bearing looking thing on the bottom of the key cylinder. This releases the key cylinder and you can pull out the whole cylinder. Once the top cover is off, you can put the cylinder back in and remove the key - so you don't have to leave the truck in RUN while you're working.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Hey Rich, is that a Nexus 7 tablet you have with Torque Pro on it?
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 PM