Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2014, 09:23 PM
New User

mtnxtreme is starting off with a positive reputation.
05 F 250 front axle snap ring tool

I broke 2 snap ring plier on this thing can anyone tell me the make and model of snap ring pliers used to remove the snap ring off axle in hub ? I have some others but too beefy won't move in there. They need to be long but strong. I've heard Snap On Item: SRPC9000A works but I don't know of any Snap On guys around here and I need to get this thing done. Any ideas ? Thanks.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 PM
New User

skanj0 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnxtreme View Post
I broke 2 snap ring plier on this thing can anyone tell me the make and model of snap ring pliers used to remove the snap ring off axle in hub ? I have some others but too beefy won't move in there. They need to be long but strong. I've heard Snap On Item: SRPC9000A works but I don't know of any Snap On guys around here and I need to get this thing done. Any ideas ? Thanks.
I went through this 2 months ago. Those snap rings are a nightmare. I looked up snap-on, and found a mobile tool truck a few miles from me. If they aren't busy they might even come to your location. Thank goodness for these snap ring pliers.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Senior User

05F250DSL is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just did my complete front end on my 05'. I will have to get to work and try to see a number on my pliers. I actually had to take my snap-on set remove the rubber on the handles heat them and bent the handles straight to ge enough pull. Until I figured that out I broke a few $40 sets of lisle pliers and had many choice words. It took longer messing around with the first snap ring than it did to press out and in the ball joints and swap the bearing and seal.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:01 AM
New User

I dad a nice old KD set used for years on some pretty heavy stuff, snapped the tips twice. Snap On ? I live ina very rural area, but every post I read comes back to them. Maybe M-Chan will chime in he does these every day !
Old 08-22-2014, 06:39 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
check online for snap-on. I have several of their tools.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 08-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Senior User

Denola is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05F250DSL View Post
I just did my complete front end on my 05'. I will have to get to work and try to see a number on my pliers. I actually had to take my snap-on set remove the rubber on the handles heat them and bent the handles straight to ge enough pull. Until I figured that out I broke a few $40 sets of lisle pliers and had many choice words. It took longer messing around with the first snap ring than it did to press out and in the ball joints and swap the bearing and seal.
I went through the same thing when I changed the hub/bearing assy on my 08'. Once I did get the snap rings off, I took a grinder and ground off the flat ends to a slant (l=/) to where I could use a pair of regular lock ring pliers to install the new ones. Worked well, and will come off next time easier also, Dennis.

2008 F250 SD, 300HP 3V 5.4
Flowmaster Duals, RanchHand Brush Guard
Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires
3.73 Gears, LS rear
Old 08-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Senior User

Unfortunately the numbers on my snap ring pliers are worn off. I did buy them from the snap on truck but over the years the part number is gone.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05F250DSL View Post
Unfortunately the numbers on my snap ring pliers are worn off. I did buy them from the snap on truck but over the years the part number is gone.
Can you post a photo of them with a ruler in
the photo to give size?

Sean Click the image to open in full size.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 08-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Freshman User

Iron2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought some piston ring pliers from NAPA and ground the tip to the shape I wanted.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:42 AM
New User

OK I went to a large truck parts store and they had these

KTI-55123 .090 they do external and internal, feel heavy in hand and must be hardened steel, because the didn't even flex and they have extended tips so they don't even touch the axle or hub. $17.99 on e-bay, I paid $25.00 at the truck parts store and thats at least half of what the Snap On ones cost of which I heard can break from a few guys on here. Hope this helps someone on here that runs into a brick wall like I did.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Senior User

I found the number on the pliers it is srpc7000 but as mentioned I removed the grips heated and straightened the handles to get them to work well. Where the very end of the handle towards your wrist if you are holding them touch you need just a little more pull. Then they worked great. If they had a set a little longer from pivot to tip and still just as narrow they would be the ones to get. I'm not good with the picture thing but these are 2 and1/16th from center of pivot to tip
Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty