Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Posting Guru

ford2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud of
NFL - National Fi$cal League

Hi,

I saw several reports today stating that the NFL is planing to have the Super Bowl half time acts pay for the privilege of appearing.

THAT ought to increase the quality of entertainment. What top shelf group wouldn't jump at the chance to pay to make an appearance?

This follows the reports about what Minneapolis has to cough up for their winning Super Bowl bid. It included providing some absurd number of cars and buses free of charge among other ludicrous demands.

I like to watch a little football, but it just keeps getting harder.

hj
Old 08-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Post Fiend

slimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant future
being a clevelander,,,with the acting of the rookie quarterback flipping off the redskins bench making it look more like big time wrestling im done being a football fan

"if we ever forget we are one nation under God,,,,then we will be a nation gone under" - Ronald Reagan
Old 08-21-2014, 06:14 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Yeah I also saw that bit of nonsense----who indeed will pay for that "privilege"?

The NFL's first choice entertainers were given the choice of paying up front OR committing a portion of their future tour proceeds instead----that's even more ridiculous.

Most half time acts I've seen so far needed their careers resuscitated or were the latest new thing. I can't really recall any long time highly successful acts playing that date.

I'll watch a few games on free TV but will never pay to watch any game---just not that interesting to me.

It will be fun seeing how this bit plays out and who will play the halftime show in 2015.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation