Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Junior User

cityjack is starting off with a positive reputation.
96' F350 Crew cab 4 x 4 XLT

Evening all,

I have a stock lift crew cab 4 x 4. I want to put lift leaf springs front back. I currently have 33's on it now. I wan to go with 37's probably. Where is a good place to purchase good quality leaf springs front and back? Do I need to use different lift heights for a typeof leveling kit? Not sure there.

Thanks

Sid
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
I recommend NOT going with your typical "lift springs"

Have a look here
My 97 CC 4wd Build - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Junior User

Old Trusty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah ^ what Brad said!
Super Cab, Style Side,
Long Bed
Old 08-20-2014, 01:08 AM
Posting Guru

Truck Guy99 has a good reputation on FTE.Truck Guy99 has a good reputation on FTE.Truck Guy99 has a good reputation on FTE.
I agree with these post!^^^^^

BTW, sweet truck. Hope the black paint job on mine turns out that nice. Got a build thread on yours?
My names Tye and I'm 16 "The Red Baron" 1988 F350 4x4 CCLBSRW 460 V8 C6 3 spd Hedman Mid-length Hedders, Turbo muffler with duals, Ranch Hand bumper, blacked out chrome, cb with antenna, and a thumpin Pioneer stereo! Coming soon: Dually conversion and Cummins swap!
Build thread http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...ld-thread.html
Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Team Brahma

liftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputation
liftnw8z Bill_SoonerFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
I recommend NOT going with your typical "lift springs"

Have a look here
My 97 CC 4wd Build - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
There's some good info in this thread. Will have to digest more in detail later as there are a lot of similarities with what he did and what I'm planning.
'98 F150 4x4 "Brahma Bull Edition" 5.4L, Auto, 6" lift w/glide-ride, custom stereo, more - '96 F350 XLT CCLB 4x4 "The tOwBS", 7.3L PSD, Riffraff 6637, 3" dp to 4" exh., and evil intentions - '98 Expy EB

R.I.P "SteveBricks", a friend and a brother, you'll be missed.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Junior User

Build thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99 View Post
I agree with these post!^^^^^

BTW, sweet truck. Hope the black paint job on mine turns out that nice. Got a build thread on yours?
No sir, no build thread. Not sure how to go about that. That is the original paint job. Many years of that "expensive square can" liquid gold. I was told I was crazy for buying that wax for years but whos laughing now. It is showing some signs of oxidizing on the roof and hood and a tiny bubblehere or there over the rear wells. But for the most part, it shines like it always did.

On the lift thing. I spoke with a really nice guy at Atlas suspension in Cali this afternoon. I am seriously thinking about going with his reverse shackle 4 or 6" kit. Very nice and knowledgeable man. This Atlas group was referred by Deaver springs.

Thanks guys and I'll look into the build thread thing.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Before I do anything, I need to address some surface rust on the underside rear. A couple years in North Dakota and Wisconsin got under the undercoating I think. I think I want to take the bed off to get it all and do it right. Any suggestions on how to go about and what to use?

Thanks again guys.

Sid
Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Junior User

Pappawheely is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Pappawheely is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I recommend Atlas Spring. They did custom leaves for my 92 f350 and I could not be happier. I am running 37X12.5-17 Falken Wildpeaks and Trailready beadlocks. My truck rides 100X better than stock. They will match the springs to the weight of your truck.

1992 FORD F-350 Crew 4X4. 460 gas, Manual 5-speed. Sky's Offroad Design shackle reversal, Atlas Spring progressive spring packs, Falken 37x12.5-17 Wildpeak AT's. Trailready 17x8.5 beadlocks with World Series rings. Warn Winches M10000 and ZEON 8. Odyssey Batteries, Power Master 200 amp alternator. Centramatic Dynamic Wheel Balancers. Pressure Pro TPMS.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Elder User

ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappawheely View Post
I recommend Atlas Spring. They did custom leaves for my 92 f350 and I could not be happier. I am running 37X12.5-17
I second this! A quality set of leaf springs can't be beat. I'm currently saving up for a full set from Atlas. They use multiple thinner leaves to give it a much smoother ride than the thick 2 leaf springs that come stock (just like Deavers). Also, they offer different styles if you're looking for flex, payload, or a mix of both.

BTW Pappawheely, that is one GORGEOUS truck!

1997 F-250 Heavy Duty, extended cab, long bed.
XLT 4x4, 4.10 limited slip, 7.3L PowerStroke, E4OD.

"Smells like freedom"
Old 08-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Just to clarify..

A RSK will make a truck ride better than any leaf spring you want to install. It allows the spring to move in its NATURAL motion. Unlike the stock design
Old 08-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Junior User

RSK?

Mr. Brad,

Can you tell me what an RSK is? Pete at Atlas spring recommended a reverse shackle kit with his leaf springs. He tells me the ride is much improved for my type of truck. I am really wanting to lift it more than it is stock right now. I have currently 33's on it right now. I'd like to jump up a couple sizes in tires and lift the truck to accommodate WITHOUT trimming sheetmetal. I need to see some trucks with 4 and 6 inch lifts so i know what it is I'm looking at. I can google all day long 4 and 6" lifted 96 f350's. I get some awesome pics, but have no idea the size of lift or tires on their trucks.

Mr. Brad, are you saying the reverse shackle from atlas is NOT the way to lift my truck? Also, before that purchase, I need to remove the bed and completely clean up the surface rust on the under rear. I need to see what all is involved with removing my bed.

Thanks for any inputs.

Sid
Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Post Fiend

Since you didn't read the link I posted
Reverese Sackle Kit

And the STOCK SuperDuty springs will ride better than the OBS length springs
Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 PM
Junior User

Pappawheely is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Pappawheely is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityjack View Post
Mr. Brad,

Can you tell me what an RSK is? Pete at Atlas spring recommended a reverse shackle kit with his leaf springs. He tells me the ride is much improved for my type of truck. I am really wanting to lift it more than it is stock right now. I have currently 33's on it right now. I'd like to jump up a couple sizes in tires and lift the truck to accommodate WITHOUT trimming sheetmetal. I need to see some trucks with 4 and 6 inch lifts so i know what it is I'm looking at. I can google all day long 4 and 6" lifted 96 f350's. I get some awesome pics, but have no idea the size of lift or tires on their trucks.

Mr. Brad, are you saying the reverse shackle from atlas is NOT the way to lift my truck? Also, before that purchase, I need to remove the bed and completely clean up the surface rust on the under rear. I need to see what all is involved with removing my bed.

Thanks for any inputs.

Sid
I have a reverse shackle kit from SORD too.

1992 FORD F-350 Crew 4X4. 460 gas, Manual 5-speed. Sky's Offroad Design shackle reversal, Atlas Spring progressive spring packs, Falken 37x12.5-17 Wildpeak AT's. Trailready 17x8.5 beadlocks with World Series rings. Warn Winches M10000 and ZEON 8. Odyssey Batteries, Power Master 200 amp alternator. Centramatic Dynamic Wheel Balancers. Pressure Pro TPMS.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Junior User

RSK and a lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappawheely View Post
I have a reverse shackle kit from SORD too.

Evening guys,

Mr. wheeley, how large is the lift with your reverse shackle kit? Did you have to cut any sheetmetal with the 37's you have on there? Your guys' acronyms are killing me. OBS? help a new guy out will you? I want to lift the truck and be able to put larger than 35's on the truck, WITHOUT cutting metal. I understand the reverse shackle is a better ride.

All input is appreciated.

Thanks

Sid
Old 08-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Post Fiend

Old Body Style
Old 08-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityjack View Post
Evening guys,

Mr. wheeley, how large is the lift with your reverse shackle kit? Did you have to cut any sheetmetal with the 37's you have on there? Your guys' acronyms are killing me. OBS? help a new guy out will you? I want to lift the truck and be able to put larger than 35's on the truck, WITHOUT cutting metal. I understand the reverse shackle is a better ride.

All input is appreciated.

Thanks

Sid
LMAO, oops sorry. Yes OBS = old body style, like our trucks. SORD has two shackle reversal kits; a 3 inch and a 5 inch. I have the 3 inch kit and flat springs in front. That gave me a 5 inch lift that clears the 37's. I did some fender trimming before I lifted it to clear the 37's but the 3 inch and springs should clear 37's without trimming.

Here is a link to a story about how my springs were made. http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/su...-springs-work/
Old 08-22-2014, 07:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks