Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > Flathead V8 & Flathead 6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 PM
New User

FlatheadNewby is starting off with a positive reputation.
duel carb question

I'm wanting to put duel strombergs on my flatty and really like the look of the mechanical fuel pump. I was wondering will the pump keep up, also will crab distributor work for setup, read somewhere should go with electronic but would like to keep the crab.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:09 AM
Posting Guru

fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.
fixnair
I don't know if the original pump will keep up or not. I installed a rotary pump with my fuel tank relocation and a pressure regulator for my original two barrel carb.
What I did to preserve the original look was to take the original fuel pump apart and gut it. Remove the valves and all linkage. Then I made a sheet metal diaphragm and assembled the fuel pump using the metal diaphragm to keep the fuel contained in the upper chamber only. This way the fuel from the rotary pump goes through the fuel filter bowl on the original pump and through the original pump ant on yo the carb. It looks original and if you didn't tell anyone no one would know it wasn't stock. I've included a picture.
Attached Images

need thermostat housing & cab 4 project
Old 08-29-2014, 12:09 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > Flathead V8 & Flathead 6