Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

2015 Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:07 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2015 Chevy

So are they going to add some horsepower or are they going to continue sucking wind trying to keep up with the Cummins and Powerstroke?

I see the Chebby is still only 397/765.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:20 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about that, but all the crap they release about the half ton having the best fuel economy in a fullsize truck with a V8, true enugh, but they have like 3.08 gears in the model getting the mileage, may as well buy a hatchback, with that gear set, you can't really use it for more than a grocery getter! They just fail to mention that tidbit of information.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:22 AM
Louisville Joe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
So are they going to add some horsepower or are they going to continue sucking wind trying to keep up with the Cummins and Powerstroke?

I see the Chebby is still only 397/765.
New Duramax is coming in 2016. It will be interesting, I'll tell you that much.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:02 PM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't seen any direct comparisons with the 15 models but I would argue that the duramax has held its own in every other test I've seen. I would like to see a 15 test to see how the upgraded superduty does.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:17 PM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Not sure about that, but all the crap they release about the half ton having the best fuel economy in a fullsize truck with a V8, true enugh, but they have like 3.08 gears in the model getting the mileage, may as well buy a hatchback, with that gear set, you can't really use it for more than a grocery getter! They just fail to mention that tidbit of information.
And if that's the only bragging rights currently available to them, they may as well use that since they are a little behind on the power and torque.

Sent from Nexus 4. IB AutoGroup

Old 09-29-2014, 03:47 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,101 Likes on 2,163 Posts
the new selling point for gm in 2015 is all vehicles will have 4 g wifi

Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tjc transport
the new selling point for gm in 2015 is all vehicles will have 4 g wifi
Yeah, that and the "quietest cab", I was joking with a buddy out on the rig, Chevy guy through and through, I said he'd at least be able to cruise the net while waiting on a tow truck!
His new truck is actually nice, I haven't told him that LOL, I haven't ridden in it yet, but it is a nice truck. Not real sure about the exterior styling though.......the "squared off" fenders makes the truck look like he's rolling on piano casters!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Amelio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My buddy just bought a 2015 Chevy Dmax and he wont shut up about it.......I am not even kidding when I say I have gotten a text message almost every day for the past two weeks about how much power it has....how good the mpg is and how far superior it is to my truck.

I do have a '12 F-250 CC 4x4 gasser and he likes to point out how much more power he has......

I mostly ignore it and fire back occasionally but its pointless...its like talking with a 5 year old.

The exterior is growing on me but I am still not a fan of the interior lay out. I just do not like the way the center dash cluster is. My seats are also a lot more comfy!

I also have to say the GM is ahead of Ford in the technology department of the 3/4 ton trucks. The info center and information given is far better than my truck. I also Hope Ford updates their headlights for '16.....dodge and GM both have better lighting.

I just drove a '15 Ram with a cummins and it was loaded out. Its a very nice truck but there is just something about it that feels cheap. I cant put my finger on it but I could not spend $60k on one.

I may trade in my truck next year....depending on what the 2013 F-250 looks like will determine if I get a '15 or wait. I am also considering getting a Power Stroke but that will also depend on the finances for next year also.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:33 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,101 Likes on 2,163 Posts
Yeah, that and the "quietest cab", I was joking with a buddy out on the rig, Chevy guy through and through, I said he'd at least be able to cruise the net while waiting on a tow truck!
His new truck is actually nice, I haven't told him that LOL, I haven't ridden in it yet, but it is a nice truck. Not real sure about the exterior styling though.......the "squared off" fenders makes the truck look like he's rolling on piano casters!

one of the kids down the street has a newer chevy. 12 or 13.
ride quality is the same as his caddy........when it is running.
in the past 2 years, it has been in the shop more than it has been on the road.
i even told him that, that it rides just a smooth as the caddy.

he complained my 02 ford rode like a truck.
i had to explain to him that that is how trucks ride, like trucks. if i want to drive something that rides like a car, i will take my crown vic.

he just don't "get it"

Old 09-29-2014, 11:46 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I must be the odd man out when I say the Chevy doesn't ride as nice. I've never been a fan of torsion bar front ends compared to springs.

Sent from my Telegraph using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-29-2014, 12:29 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
I must be the odd man out when I say the Chevy doesn't ride as nice. I've never been a fan of torsion bar front ends compared to springs.

Sent from my Telegraph using IB AutoGroup

The last Chevy that I have rode in was a early '90's model, I have no idea how they ride / drive these days. My son's '14 Ram 1500 rides nice, but the tail sags with 65 Qt. Yeti full of ice and "beverages" (j/k but it does sag with minimal load)..... I don't have anything personaly against any of them, just Biased towards Ford!

Old 09-29-2014, 12:39 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Amelio
My buddy just bought a 2015 Chevy Dmax and he wont shut up about it.......I am not even kidding when I say I have gotten a text message almost every day for the past two weeks about how much power it has....how good the mpg is and how far superior it is to my truck.

I do have a '12 F-250 CC 4x4 gasser and he likes to point out how much more power he has......

I mostly ignore it and fire back occasionally but its pointless...its like talking with a 5 year old.

The exterior is growing on me but I am still not a fan of the interior lay out. I just do not like the way the center dash cluster is. My seats are also a lot more comfy!

I also have to say the GM is ahead of Ford in the technology department of the 3/4 ton trucks. The info center and information given is far better than my truck. I also Hope Ford updates their headlights for '16.....dodge and GM both have better lighting.

I just drove a '15 Ram with a cummins and it was loaded out. Its a very nice truck but there is just something about it that feels cheap. I cant put my finger on it but I could not spend $60k on one.

I may trade in my truck next year....depending on what the 2013 F-250 looks like will determine if I get a '15 or wait. I am also considering getting a Power Stroke but that will also depend on the finances for next year also.
Get the Powerstroke, you won't regret it, then start texting your buddy every hour or so....see who has the power then!
As far as the technology, I figure with the release of the new F150, and all of the technological upgrades on it, a lot will carry over to the new Super Duties, the current series have been on the road awhile with just minor refreshes, (other than the 6.7 intro). But look into some of the new advances in the F150, that should give you an idea of what to expect to a certain agree and there is a lot of things Ford is introducing on it to make life easier (work wise at least).

Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Get the Powerstroke, you won't regret it, then start texting your buddy every hour or so....see who has the power then!
As far as the technology, I figure with the release of the new F150, and all of the technological upgrades on it, a lot will carry over to the new Super Duties, the current series have been on the road awhile with just minor refreshes, (other than the 6.7 intro). But look into some of the new advances in the F150, that should give you an idea of what to expect to a certain agree and there is a lot of things Ford is introducing on it to make life easier (work wise at least).

I do like the new GMC 2500 but I still prefer the F-250's style and interior layout. I am waiting until the '16 to make my decision I just hope they don't change the interior to the negative......I really love the current layout.

I also do hope they transfer some of the tech from the F-150 to the SD....especially the headlights!

Oh and you better believe I will give him all kinds of Sh8t about power if I upgrade to a power stroke!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I wonder if the new GM trucks will get recalls and stop sale orders before they get off the delivery truck too. Like the new Corvette.

What you never hear the truck flippers brag about is the truck payment every month. They must look like mortgage payments by now. All the "technology" is fine and dandy if you are always flipping vehicles and are under warrenty. Actually keep the vehicle for a while and they are nothing but a PITA.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Amelio
Senior User
Originally Posted by dkf
I wonder if the new GM trucks will get recalls and stop sale orders before they get off the delivery truck too. Like the new Corvette.

What you never hear the truck flippers brag about is the truck payment every month. They must look like mortgage payments by now. All the "technology" is fine and dandy if you are always flipping vehicles and are under warrenty. Actually keep the vehicle for a while and they are nothing but a PITA.

That's exactly what bothers me a little with these new vehicles.....so much tech that when its out of warranty it would damn near bankrupt some people to fix them. This is another reason I bought the 6.2.....its simple and if I did keep it until I paid it off I am confident I could repair/replace the engine on my own without having to mortgage my house.

I want a 6.7 but it is purely a "want" and not a "need" at all. Like you said....unless you flip the truck every few years to stay in warranty you never get away from that $700-800-900 dollar truck note

Quick Reply: 2015 Chevy