Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Freshman User

Countryford83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Other hobbies/collections.

Being on a Ford Truck forum, we are all somewhat intrested in vehicles/trucks. My question is what are some of your other hobbies?
I'll start. I collect and restore antique radios and television sets. I have over 200 radios and over 50 TV sets.
In addition to that, I also have over 1200 record albums. That is just the 33 1/3 LPs. I have about 500 45's and a few of the 78's. I also have 3 jukeboxes. 2 of them are 1956 AMis and each hold 100 45's. The third one is a Seeburg from the 60's. It was a home unit and holds 50 LPs.

Here is me next to my 1956 Philco.

Here is my 1959 Magnavox. Has the radio on one side and the turntable on the other side.

Here are some of my radios and TV sets in my display room.

This is one of the 1956 AMi jukebox. The other one is identical with the exception of it is black instead of the green.

Feel free to post pictures. Would like to see other's hobbies/collections.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Post Fiend

slimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant future
my favorite in my collection is my dads Distinguished Flying Cross,,,,wish i knew what he did,,,,growing up had many stories not sure which one it was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disting...le:Dfc-usa.jpg

"if we ever forget we are one nation under God,,,,then we will be a nation gone under" - Ronald Reagan
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Cool Collection of old radios and tvs

I used to collect the old GI Joes and Die Cast trucks, but have sold off most of them..

Also have baseball and non baseball cards that are not worth much, but still fun to look at..

No pictures of any of them...
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbo13 View Post
my favorite in my collection is my dads Distinguished Flying Cross,,,,wish i knew what he did,,,,growing up had many stories not sure which one it was Distinguished Flying Cross (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Slimbo that would be interesting to find out..

I am sure the info is out there for such a special award..

Check out this site..

Start Your Military Service Record (DD Form 214) Request

I also found the Distinguished Service Cross society

Honor Roll DFC Society

Maybe your Fathers name is there

Let us know what you find..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 08-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Post Fiend

slimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant futureslimbo13 has a brilliant future
heres what i got Submit requests for Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard awards by mail to:
Bureau of Naval Personnel
Retired Records Section
Room 5409
Attn: PERS-313E
9700 Page Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63132-5100 thanks for the help

"if we ever forget we are one nation under God,,,,then we will be a nation gone under" - Ronald Reagan
Old 08-18-2014, 04:19 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Well that's a start...

Maybe worth the effort
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 08-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Post Fiend

im going to check further tomorrow,,, thanks for your help Don

Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Your welcome..

It would be worth hearing the story of his heroic deeds that got him the award
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 08-18-2014, 05:31 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I've got a few antique radios...my favorite is a 1948 Philco Hippo...similar to this one...

http://radioattic.com/old/sold_radio...ppo_(1948).jpg

My family's gene pool could use some chlorine!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:43 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Looks like something wrong with your link Ken, but I don't mind..

I get this error..
Attached Images

Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 08-18-2014, 05:47 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
That's strange...I get a picture of the radio.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Maybe it's my browser acting up..

I just tried Internet explorer and got the same results
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 08-18-2014, 05:56 PM
So Little To Say!!!

Or...maybe it's wishful thinking on your part!!!

Old 08-18-2014, 06:06 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I can get to the website if I type it in myself, but not from the link
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Postmaster

04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold
WOW She really does get around, I collect old apple peelers and crimping stuff , my latest one is an old Olive can crimper also latched on to a cherry pitter , Sorry no pics yet but coming soon.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation