Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Posting Guru

t_dickie is starting off with a positive reputation.
2007 Nav not working

The navigation in my 2007 F-150 is acting up, saying it cannot read the DVD, and that it might be dirty, remove and clean, etc. etc.

Is this a common issue does anyone know?? Also, and perhaps an equally concerning problem is that it won't spit the DVD out. It will get so I can barely see the disc through the mouth of the system, but not enough to grab it. I'm going to try and grab the disc as delicately as I can with a small set of grooveless needle nose pliers, but haven't had a chance to try that yet.

It was doing this a while ago, but seemed to fix itself and hasn't acted up for I'd say 2 months now.

For those that have had this happen before, is it as simple as cleaning the disc, or is this a sign of a larger (possible system failure) problem?? Also I should mention that I still have the original map DVD in the truck, and I think I've taken it out once in the year and a half I've had the truck, and that was just in learning how it came out.

2007 F-150 Supercrew Lariat
1984 Ranger 5.0
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Official Ford Rep

FordIVTteam has a good reputation on FTE.FordIVTteam has a good reputation on FTE.FordIVTteam has a good reputation on FTE.
Hi Trevor,

It could be as simple as cleaning the DVD; however, since it's also not ejecting properly, I suggest contacting your dealership to determine the cause.

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 PM