Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Old 11-24-2014, 06:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Senior User

dieselsubmariner is starting off with a positive reputation.
F350 suspension height specifications

Does anybody know where I can find factory height specifications of a F350 2wd? I would like to know, if my suspension is indeed to low / wore out.

Thanks

NO ...MY TRUCK DOES NOT LEAK... IT IS JUST MARKING ITs TERRITORY !
Old 08-23-2014, 09:34 AM
Senior User

i guess nobody has info on the factory ride height ? maybe factory height to the roof and to the top of the tailgate? I’m looking for something to see where I’m at on my truck.
thanks

Old 08-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Most body shops with a frame machine have the ride height specs
Old 08-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Postmaster

UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselsubmariner View Post
i guess nobody has info on the factory ride height ? maybe factory height to the roof and to the top of the tailgate? Im looking for something to see where Im at on my truck.
thanks
Just bump it back to the top. Calm down. It's easy to overlook a post and have it get a page back. Have you searched the internet yet, you could have said something like "I looked on google but did to find anything, just bumping back to top in hopes someone knows here".

Your truck is old.... It's worn out and sagging. The end. If it rattles and clunks, it's obvious the bushings are shot. Why do you need exact heights. My truck is shorter than others of the same year, not because it's sagging, but because apparently my grandfather ordered it that way. He was a short person. Not sure if it's true, but the front tires wear perfectly across, so it can't have sagged too much, and it's a good 2" shorter than my coworkers truck of same generation.
Are you planning on replacing springs and you want something to go by, or does it just sit crooked, or tires have too much camber... My 92 2wd 4door sits super low. I put 265s on it to raise it up a little. But that one also wears tires nearly perfect.
67 Mustang GTA Fastback 390 UNTAMND.com
Old 08-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Senior User

ok.. maybe i need to be specific:
YES i did do a google search.
No my bushings are not wore out. except the sway bar bushings on the rear axle.
Tires wear evenly.
As for the height: I believe my front springs have sagged over the years as well as my rear springs. but before i purchase new springs, i wanted a reference to see, how much they sagged. If it is only minimal, than I’m not buying springs.
thanks a lot for any input

Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Postmaster

UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.
If the tires aren't wearing funny it can't be sagged too much. If you only need the smallest camber bushing for alignment then I'm guessing it's only sagged1/2 to 3/4 inch. Which isn't worth getting new springs to me.
67 Mustang GTA Fastback 390 UNTAMND.com
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM