1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Texas Trip #2-Ruby Data

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:29 PM
martin72
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Dang you guys!! I need those more than anyone!!! Travis, please deliver to Miller Creek RV Park in Johnson City!! LOL

Trip is going so well!! Got to the campground and it is beautiful!! Missed a meeting with Travis due to being surrounded by women...ah well, we are gonna shoot for Saturday. The truck is doing pretty well. All temps are good and power has been better since I am figuring out how to operate it and push the perimeters. Parked for the next four days and gonna drink a lot of beer, eat BBQ, and sit by the creek. Good times.

Sounds like fun Byron, I need a vacation.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:33 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by martin72
Sounds like fun Byron, I need a vacation.
Me too.....

Old 08-28-2014, 12:14 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by tshrager
Something tells me you like shiner bock.... Interestingly, Texas has great BBQ, but the best beef comes from the Midwest.
I like pretty much like any Shiner...and that beef from the Midwest is alright, but that Texas beef down the street from me is no joke. Midwest brisket isn't even on the same planet! LOL I think we need a Texas Riff Raff event.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:16 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Me too.....
Me three...wait.. How'd I get here? LOL!!!

Old 08-28-2014, 06:00 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Byron, if you're looking for BBQ joints around Johnson City, run over to Ronnie's BBQ. They're pretty good. They aren't Cooper's or Franklin's, but I've never left there mad before. Lol. Franklin's in East Austin is probably the best brisket I've ever had, but you have to stand in line for literally hours to get your hands on some. Lol.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
I like pretty much like any Shiner...and that beef from the Midwest is alright, but that Texas beef down the street from me is no joke. Midwest brisket isn't even on the same planet! LOL I think we need a Texas Riff Raff event.
It has been mentioned a couple times. You never know.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:15 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Texas has incredible BBQ homie. Better recognize. Lol. And Shiner Bock is pretty good stuff too.
How did I say otherwise? Lol

Midwest beef. Ie cattle are better than that of Texas. There's more for them to eat than scrub brush and tumbleweed. Lol

Old 08-28-2014, 11:54 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Midwest beef. Ie cattle are better than that of Texas. There's more for them to eat than scrub brush and tumbleweed. Lol
X2. You haven't had beef until you've ate some Indiana born and raised beef!

Originally Posted by fordman67
I <3 bacon!
Who doesn't? LOL!

Old 08-28-2014, 12:08 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
How did I say otherwise? Lol Midwest beef. Ie cattle are better than that of Texas. There's more for them to eat than scrub brush and tumbleweed. Lol
Oh here we go....there is a lot more to Texas than scrub brush and tumbleweed. Our cattle are grass fed, not corn fed, so that alone makes my choice for me...not to mention that the Hill Country is my second favorite place on earth and Indiana is a distant 167th..LOL!!!! I spent some time in the Winona Lake area and killed an 8 point buck with my trusty recurve bow there. It isn't a terrible place, but I did my time. Haha!!

Now if you want to send some filets down here in a cooler and Travis and I can do a taste comparison, I will give it a shot. I never say no to free beef if it isn't green!!

Old 08-28-2014, 12:16 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Byron, if you're looking for BBQ joints around Johnson City, run over to Ronnie's BBQ. They're pretty good. They aren't Cooper's or Franklin's, but I've never left there mad before. Lol. Franklin's in East Austin is probably the best brisket I've ever had, but you have to stand in line for literally hours to get your hands on some. Lol.
Travis here is how the day is shaping up so far. Jacobs swimming hole, The Salt Lick barbecue in Dripping Springs and a little bit of Shiner. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Old 08-28-2014, 12:33 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Travis here is how the day is shaping up so far. Jacobs swimming hole, The Salt Lick barbecue in Dripping Springs and a little bit of Shiner. I'll let you know how it goes!!
The Salt Lick is like 5 minutes from my house. Lol. Literally right down the road. I'm that close and I don't go there. I will say one thing though.. Their sauce is nothing short of amazing. Give me some Salt Lick sauce and some brisket from Franklin's and I'll probably eat until I burst. Lol

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance

It has been mentioned a couple times. You never know.
Let's get that started. I'll help in any way I can if you decide to do that one day. Lol

Old 08-28-2014, 03:01 PM
HOOTs95PSD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What makes Texas beef so good is it is slow cooked on the hoof for a long period of time before being served.
I just spent a week at a KOA in Ouray,CO that has an excellent Texas BBQ gig going on. The owner Dave prides himself on it. I have never tasted any so good in all my life.

I love road trips and posts about them, especially when they are still in progress..

Happy Trailering..

Old 08-28-2014, 05:07 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
I spy.... with my little eye...... Lol

Old 08-28-2014, 05:35 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Diesel, BBQ and beer. Doesn't get much better!

Old 08-28-2014, 06:23 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
This is all time! Enjoyed the hang! Gotta do more of it.

Don't be fooled dudes...that SD is pretty damn cool! I am a little jealous...LOL!!

Quick Reply: Texas Trip #2-Ruby Data