I searched the other threads and didn't seem to find my issue. Here it is...
Clicking sound in front end (remember when you attached cards to your bike spokes? like that. Sounds like the clicking more times than the revolution of the tire)
1. Occurs in both 4x4 or 2x4
2. Goes away when turning - only going straight
3. Occurs in both drive and neutral
What I have done...
1. Replaced both CV joints
2. All other front end parts appear in good working order
3. Brakes good and tight
4. Could not hear the clicking when on jacks and manually turning the wheels.
Last edited by cmancinelli; 08-16-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Reason: 2001 Expy with 208K miles
Do you have chrome plated rims? If so the chrome can lift on the backside of the rims and brush the caliper as it goes around. If it's not the rims then the next possibility is a flat bearing in one of the front hubs.