Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 1968-2013 Full Size Vans
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Senior User

Im50fast is starting off with a positive reputation.
anyone need new Moog lower ball joints?

I don't intend to sell or promote anything here- just trying to help my friends. Rockauto.com has a closeout on:

Part Type: Ball Joint

Click the image to open in full size.
  • Manufacturer: MOOG
  • Part No: K80197
  • Notes: Front Lower; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

Regular Price: $28.79
    Closeout Price: $16.54
    SAVE 43%
Old 08-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
That's a crazy great price--I paid like $28 each from Amazon, free shipping with a ton of other Moog stuff.

If the shipping cost is right I might stock up on a few sets, give 'em out as Stocking Stuffers--Christmas is only 4 months away now.

I wonder why RockAuto is closing them out?

BTW thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Junior User

delgriffith is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stocking stuffers...?!? Geeze o pete gotta wonder about christmas with your family lol. Piece of chocolate, pistachios, some dried fruit... nope, you're getting a ball joint - and be grateful!!

I do like these ball joints tho, never wear out. fwiw.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgriffith View Post
Stocking stuffers...?!? Geeze o pete gotta wonder about christmas with your family lol. Piece of chocolate, pistachios, some dried fruit... nope, you're getting a ball joint - and be grateful!!
Remember..............its the thought that counts............!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Junior User

coolfeet is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 98 E150 4.2 V6. Will these ball joints work on my van? My lower ball joints are shot and need replacement. I am going to do the upper ***** joints since I am pulling the steering knuckle off.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Junior User

Since we are on the topic of ball joints, can anyone chime in on a high quality replacement for my e150 van? We use it for camping and we load it with a lot of gear. I am installing the ball joints myself, so price is not a big deal.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:13 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfeet View Post
Since we are on the topic of ball joints, can anyone chime in on a high quality replacement for my e150 van? We use it for camping and we load it with a lot of gear. I am installing the ball joints myself, so price is not a big deal.
Moog.

Nothing but Moog, all the time, without hesitation, buy 'em and be happy forever after...........

Honestly for the price listed in this thread when it was new is cheap enough but considering they carry the Moog name along with a lifetime guarantee using this brand has never made more sense.

I buy my Moog stuff through Amazon as they're literally about half price compared to what I've found locally. Another benefit to Amazon is they do indeed honor Moog's warranty, shipping replacement parts free of charge. The only action required is returning the defective parts which is fair.

HTH
Old 09-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Junior User

I ordered the moog from amazon for half the price of our local parts jobber. I am looking at repacing everything that looks worn.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:58 AM