Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Freshman User

americansteel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
In reality you have no idea what you're talking about.
Oh yes I have no clue what I wrote here. I just pulled that information out of my ***! Owner of a 2011 Eco turd does not use egr.

Oh I almost forgot. you mad bro?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by americansteel View Post
Oh yes I have no clue what I wrote here. I just pulled that information out of my ***! Owner of a 2011 Eco turd does not use egr.

Oh I almost forgot. you mad bro?
I'm aware that they don't use EGR, but the VCT is used by lots of manufacturers to improve power throughout the RPM range. You can compare the output of nearly every Ford engine before and after receiving Ti-VCT and you'll notice substantial power gains in all cases.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 01-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
I'm aware that they don't use EGR, but the VCT is used by lots of manufacturers to improve power throughout the RPM range. You can compare the output of nearly every Ford engine before and after receiving Ti-VCT and you'll notice substantial power gains in all cases.
All new ford engines except 6.2l utilize tivct only engines with 4cam shafts use this set up. I can not compare a 3.5 a 5.0 or any other ford engine with tivct because ford does not have any engines based on the same head stroke and bore design before the current offerings What engine do you want to compare to a 5.0 4v? Ford has nothing to compare it to!
Bud I have built many 5.0 coyote motors for my customers and always lock out vct same power the entire rpm band. No changes. A 4.6big bore 5.0 with similar cam grinds pushes 9 more HP than a factory 5.0 coyote and some emissions. I locked my vct in my Eco turd no changes. I have seen many cars on the dyno push the same numbers with vct lock out as with it on.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Not dragging this thread any further off topic.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 01-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Not dragging this thread any further off topic.
Because you have nothing to argue with you know nothing of real world performance or what these factory offering a actually offer. Yes dont drag this off subject any longer you'll just be proven wrong again and again. Tivct does not do anything in power production.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:27 AM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by americansteel View Post
Because you have nothing to argue with you know nothing of real world performance or what these factory offering a actually offer. Yes dont drag this off subject any longer you'll just be proven wrong again and again. Tivct does not do anything in power production.
VCT (or in the case of multiple cams, tiVCT) does in fact alter the production of power.

Per Comp Cams:

Advancing the cam timing builds more low end torque

Retarding cam timing builds high end power.

COMP Cams® - Sorry...

Variable timing takes advantage of both of these phenomenoms by advancing the cam timing at low RPMs and retarding the timing at higher RPMs.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-13-2015, 07:13 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Back on topic please. I'm not sure what TiVCT has to do with the alleged 3.5L induction issues.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-13-2015, 07:13 AM