Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 1968-2013 Full Size Vans
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Freshman User

dirkdriller is starting off with a positive reputation.
ABS nightmare

2006 E250 4.6l with ABS issue. First off I have checked all sensors, tone rings, everything. This thing is kicking my butt. At low speed braking the pump motor will kick in (10-20 mph). Also while driving at around 20 mph you can hear the pump motor come on. Now while driving all sensors read about the same as well as when braking. I do notice on scanner that when the pump motor comes on the rear inlet valve switches on. I've checked ohms and AC voltage and all readings look good. I did replace the front left sensor due to chaffed wire...was rubbing on wheel. It did not help. There are no codes, but I can make light come on by disconnecting a sensor. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:46 AM
Freshman User

richter roxs is starting off with a positive reputation.
have you checked your vehicle speed sensors ? It sounds like the abs brain does not know how fast the van is travelling.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
An ABS problem like failed VSS's should in theory show up on a DTC scan, one that can probe the ABS separately----has that been performed yet?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:43 AM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Looks like you are already on the right track by checking live data from the wheel speed sensors. Sometimes it's not easy to see, are you able to record and graph the data? I troubleshot my old Lincoln doing the same by recording data, it would intermittently spike to 0 which caused my problem.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Freshman User

dirkdriller is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry had a family emergency to tend to.

Drove van again this morning and noticed at 13 mph the pump starts running and shuts off around 23 mph. Pump just runs. All sensors reading same speed.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM