Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
If I had $29k and someone who's knowledgable with fiberglass, I'd buy the molds.
I've worked with fiberglass, worked on big truck front ends. It's easy to use but a HUGE PIA trying to not get the crap on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
Fiberglass doesn't rust. Just sayin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 View Post
Me too, the only problem I see is the fact that now there is steel repro parts avail,
These two statements kind of go together. With the introduction of new metal fenders, especially for the '48-52 trucks, I'd bet the value of fiberglass fenders is going to fall. There will still be a demand for glass fenders to cut down wait on some builds but I'd also bet more people will opt to cough up the $$$ for the steel fenders. I don't think anyone has come up with the price for the new '46-50 steel front fenders Dennis Carpenter is advertising but I'd guess they'll be at least twice the price as glass, if not three times but will still sale better.

$29K is a big price tag, IMO, it's taking a big bet that there will be a continuing big demand for these fenders. There would also be a lot of work and cost to set up the manufacturing operation. I kind of look at this like looking for an old vehicle to work on. There are a lot old vehicles out there but it seems the sellers are always thinking their unrestored wrecks are worth as much as a fully restored vehicle, never considering it's going to take $20K to make a vehicle worth $20K.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 08-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
If someone here decides to buy them and start a business...I have a complete set of 34 Ford 3W molds that I will sell you for a lot less cash than this deal. This is a messy business and here in CA it's tough to even get the permits to operate.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:08 AM