Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2016 Super Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2016 Super Duty The new 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Senior User

Scorpion67 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossGasser View Post
"They aren't pulling or hauling anything either."

They pull G's that could kill you or me. Put one on a ceiling at speed and it will drive upside down. Have you not watched? They are tiny and have to be weighted to get up to spec. The parts are tiny and handle incredible loads.
They use to use materials that we currently use.

"I think most truck owners expect nothing short of 500,000 miles"

I I ??????????????????????????????

"will it meet all the criteria for cost, mpg, capability, dependability, durability, etc.?

Yes. They already did it with the F150. Did you miss that?
Didn't miss a thing. Pulling g-forces isn't the same as pulling huge loads. I don't know why you don't get that. I didn't miss the durability testing on the half-ton, but also, in case you hadn't noticed, a half-ton and 1-ton are different beasts. Why don't you watch that video of the F150 pulling 15,000lb up a hill, about as quick as the Super Duty does it, but with more transmission clunking. Hey I'm not saying what you're asking for is impossible, but you are making ridiculous comparisons. As if a truck should have equal specific horsepower/torque per liter as a Lamborghini or F1 car. That's just stupid. Don't be stupid!
Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Senior User

BossGasser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BossGasser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's all in how you use the energy available. Fuel, heat, air and electricity. We are seeing the future now. It's been happening for decades. F1 starts the race with a full tank of fuel and they cannot get more. They are running faster and farther every year. Faster = higher G's.
I'm not asking for anything or anyone's approval. I am telling you and the others here - except Tseekins - he understands simple physics - what we see in F1 will happen everywhere.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2016 Super Duty