Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Senior User

Blue7.3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for clearing that up , i might pull the inspection plug and take a gander.
03 F250 4x4 CC 7.3ltr 4R100HD, GTP38R ,WW2,Turbo-Master, IH Bellowed up pipes, AIH delete, F/delete, custom trans cooler twin thermo fans, 4" Turbo back exhaust , LPG , DP F6 tuner, AFe stage 11, RR FRx, HPx, Scangauge11 ,AutoMeter Trans temp, pyro ,Water/Oil temp, Fuel Pressure, Fr & Rr ARB diff locks, ARB 15,000 lbs winch, train horns, Firestone Air-bags x4 in cab control, Bilstiens x4.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:21 AM
Senior User

Aussie BrianB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue7.3 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up , i might pull the inspection plug and take a gander.
How do you tell the difference?
Deep tranny pan. Bypass oil, FM 100 fuel, tranny fluid & power steering fluid filters.
W-R glow plug relay. LP oil press, EGT, tranny temp & boost gauges.
RR rear diff cover, aFe front diff cover, Warn Premium hubs, 315/75 R16 Coopers.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 AM
Senior User

Powdered rods have a bolt and forged rods have a bolt and nut, if you pull the inspection plug you will have to manually turn the motor over and check when the bottom of the rod comes near the inspection hole and if you see a nut you have forged rods, if you see a bolt head you have powered rods , the power that you have in you motor is okay for both type of rods to handle.
03 F250 4x4 CC 7.3ltr 4R100HD, GTP38R ,WW2,Turbo-Master, IH Bellowed up pipes, AIH delete, F/delete, custom trans cooler twin thermo fans, 4" Turbo back exhaust , LPG , DP F6 tuner, AFe stage 11, RR FRx, HPx, Scangauge11 ,AutoMeter Trans temp, pyro ,Water/Oil temp, Fuel Pressure, Fr & Rr ARB diff locks, ARB 15,000 lbs winch, train horns, Firestone Air-bags x4 in cab control, Bilstiens x4.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Senior User

Blue,
Thanks for the info.
I see from your sig you have an LPG injection system fitted.
Who did the job and do you recommend it?
I have been considering it for some time.
I was going to do it to my 80 series 1Hz landcruiser but never
got around to it.
Deep tranny pan. Bypass oil, FM 100 fuel, tranny fluid & power steering fluid filters.
RR rear diff cover, aFe front diff cover, Warn Premium hubs, 315/75 R16 Coopers.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Senior User

Hey Brian, the LPG was on the truck just before i brought it , It was fitted by a company call torquegas, they are in Caloundra QLD, the job is very neat the mixer is in the left top corner of the engine bay and the filler was put in behind the filler for diesel and the tank sits under the truck directly below the left rear door on the side if the chassis rail, a real neat job , I'm sure most places would do the conversion now.
The LPG was fitted for towing purposes only and does it's job well it's very noticeable when towing steep grades, here a link to there site.

I'll get some photos after if you like but when the frost melts.

Torquegas | Torquediesel gas | Petrol Conversions | Diesel Conversions| Sunshine Coast, Queensland | Australia
Old 08-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Senior User

Okay Brian, here are the photos of the LPG setup .Click the image to open in full size.

This is the mixer and the electronics to run it all, it's in the LHF of the engine bay looking at the motor.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is where they fitted the LPG filler along side the diesel filler

They supply the ID tag and do the reg transfer.

The LPG tang is 30ltrs which lasts about two tanks of diesel, the gas is only injected in when the revs are over 2200 IIRC
Old 08-20-2014, 04:39 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
How does the gas get into the engine?
Is it just a simple feed into the inlet pipe pre-turbo?
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 08-20-2014, 04:53 AM
Senior User

Yeah the inlet tube to the turbo has a regulating valve going into it , I've not long fitted the 38R and had to do the necessary adjustments to the valve and inlet tube.

Just pulled the steering box , there's not much to it, has a heap of movement in it now it's off with no weight on it.

Up-date soon
Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hi Blue, tried to PM you but you hadn't set up your profile to allow PM's yet.

I've read a bit on steering boxes on the US forum. Apparently the shafts in the box just sit in holes milled into the housing. There are no shaft bearings!

There is a re-man box available from the states, don't know if there is a core charge, but they re-man the box with shaft bearings & get a much better result.

This is the one I think:
2001-2004 Ford Super Duty Steering Gear

Bryan hasn't chimed in about his Rocket Trucks RHD box, but Brian's concern about the replacement panhard rod mounting to the diff was enough to scare me off going down the RHD box path.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 08-20-2014, 05:44 AM
Senior User

Yeah I'm a bit slack today i must get to it and activate my PM profile.

I have been talking to National Steering in Vic they rebuild boxes , you send them yours and they rebuild it with oversize bearings and repack it ,with the oversize bearings.
They fit the bearings and it lifts the whole worm drive into another position, they also redo the worm drive , as that's the part that wears out. found these guys through Pedders .
Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Posting Guru

Sending it to the US for an exchange, you're probably looking at 2 weeks & $800.

If you're confident the local guys know what they're doing they could be a good option. Did you quiz them on how many F250 units they've done? I know the F250's are pretty popular in rural Vic, so there's likely to be some local skills & experience there.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Senior User

Yeah they said they have done a hell of a lot over the years , a lot the ambulances where in the list, the fact that they use over size bearings is a good point , anyway I'll let everyone know in a week or so when i fit it all back up.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Senior User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue7.3 View Post
Hey Brian, the LPG was on the truck just before i brought it , It was fitted by a company call torquegas, they are in Caloundra QLD, the job is very neat the mixer is in the left top corner of the engine bay and the filler was put in behind the filler for diesel and the tank sits under the truck directly below the left rear door on the side if the chassis rail, a real neat job , I'm sure most places would do the conversion now.
The LPG was fitted for towing purposes only and does it's job well it's very noticeable when towing steep grades, here a link to there site.

I'll get some photos after if you like but when the frost melts.

Torquegas | Torquediesel gas | Petrol Conversions | Diesel Conversions| Sunshine Coast, Queensland | Australia
Blue,
Thanks for that.
It looks like they do a good job.
Interesting to hear you find it benificial when towing as this
is the main reason I bought the 'effy.

There is a company here in S.A. called DieselGas who have
been in the business for years and I have seen their work
at caravan & 4wd shows.
Their system looks to be very well made and installed.

Have you heard anything about their systems?
Old 08-21-2014, 04:42 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter