1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Trozei's '69 F100 Build Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 02:07 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by trozei
Interested. Just looking to see if those clips are available anywhere.
The clips were part number C0AB6404439F. But none on my locators. At present I have these together. I will have to dig to find the short one under the ash tray.

And here are the clips I have.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:29 AM
GaryKip
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Dennis Carpenter Catalog from May 2015 page 92 has metal door panel clips!!

Old 05-22-2016, 09:24 PM
trozei
Postmaster
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
To mark three years of owning the truck I got some buddies over this morning and we put the box on it!

Name:  E7LF7NJ.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  4.89 MB

Name:  qpXEbx3.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  2.08 MB

All tucked away.

Name:  pko1RiB.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  2.11 MB

Photo taken the day I drove it home versus today.

Name:  rAZSols.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.04 MB

Old 05-22-2016, 09:25 PM
trozei
Postmaster
Originally Posted by GaryKip
Dennis Carpenter Catalog from May 2015 page 92 has metal door panel clips!!
Thanks for the tip. Looking for that now.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:14 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Check with AMK, they carry a bunch of hardware for these older vehicles.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:30 PM
trozei
Postmaster
That reminds me that I have to buy a complete body bolt kit from AMK anyway.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:00 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
That reminds me that I have to buy a complete body bolt kit from AMK anyway.
Ordering mine from them also.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
The clips were part number C0AB6404439F. But none on my locators. At present I have these together. I will have to dig to find the short one under the ash tray.

And here are the clips I have.

I missed this post I guess. The Mustang clip someone mentioned are bigger then the ones for this trim. But as I stated in another thread I was short a couple on mine, and what I ended up doing was getting some clips like this that fit the hole and trimming the head to fit in the trim.

Jeff did you find the piece that goes under the ashtray? I don't have a full set but I do have some extra pieces.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Brian1971f100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tro, great thread, and great workmanship too. Cant wait to see the engine come to light. Keep up the great work.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:59 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Trozei, I suggest that you find a Dr. that will write you a prescription for darkened windows, due to some sort of rare eye condition... like Pre-albinoism... and sensitivity to light. Somehow, dark glasses just don't get it... but tinted windows do...

Or, your tinted windows are part of your mystic religion, and one of the most serious properties about your religion, is that it is a secret and you can't talk about it... You have to fight stupidity with stupidity... you cannot use logic..or reason.. you just have to invent some stupid reason, that is more stupid than their law, and "Trump" their law..

Baja

Old 05-25-2016, 12:47 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Jeff, I'll take your dash trim but like I said to Greg just let me get a cheque from this place I'm working at before I go spending on F100 parts. Just dropped big coin on the Snap-On truck as well as other unrelated expenses so I don't want to screw myself over buying shiny things. Still recuperating from the student budget!!

Originally Posted by Brian1971f100
Tro, great thread, and great workmanship too. Cant wait to see the engine come to light. Keep up the great work.
Yes thank you for the kind words. I will probably soon throw the engine and transmission in at some point soon to save garage space as well as motivate me, but really all it needs is money to be spent on plumbing and turbo parts and that is really just a matter of saving up.

Originally Posted by bajafishnut
Trozei, I suggest that you find a Dr. that will write you a prescription for darkened windows, due to some sort of rare eye condition... like Pre-albinoism... and sensitivity to light. Somehow, dark glasses just don't get it... but tinted windows do...

Or, your tinted windows are part of your mystic religion, and one of the most serious properties about your religion, is that it is a secret and you can't talk about it... You have to fight stupidity with stupidity... you cannot use logic..or reason.. you just have to invent some stupid reason, that is more stupid than their law, and "Trump" their law..

Baja
In BC the process takes about a year. You need to have a doctor sign off saying that you have X eye or skin condition and you need to show that you're under treatment for it if applicable. You then have to go to the DMV and fill out all this paperwork and pay the fees to have an exception placed on your license. It's a lot of hassle. They REALLY don't want people getting legally tinted windows here. Simply having a doctor's note isn't enough.

Tint laws are dumb. I should have the same right to privacy in my car as I do in my house. "Oh but you could be pointing a gun at a police officer!!" Err, hang on, I thought gun laws were foolproof??

I had the tint pulled off and I went to the cop shop to prove that it was off. I had it reinstalled today.

Name:  yEnEtn7.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  2.12 MB

Name:  cLFr82n.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.88 MB

Name:  Qg0FPnX.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  1.37 MB

Name:  xXqwwkt.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  2.74 MB

Old 05-25-2016, 10:20 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Well, I tried amigo. Here in Mx. they invent laws as they go, and write them later. I got a ticket once, (and paid a $20 fine on the spot), for supposedly driving over 15 km in a school zone.. I asked "Where's the school?"... The cop, or the guy in the uniform, just shrugged, and said its coming next year, but it is still a school zone.. I paid and went on my way. After thinking about it some, I realized that the direct bribe system here, has advantages over the north... No judge, No day off work to go to the court, No court, No lawyer, just a $20 bribe. Works for me..

Baja

ps; like your ride..

Old 05-25-2016, 12:35 PM
fljab
Posting Guru
Tint laws are dumb. I should have the same right to privacy in my car as I do in my house. "Oh but you could be pointing a gun at a police officer!!" Err, hang on, I thought gun laws were foolproof??

I had the tint pulled off and I went to the cop shop to prove that it was off. I had it reinstalled today.

I can't imagine driving down here in sunny Florida w/o window tint. I always have mine done to the legal limit (which is pretty dark) first thing.

In your case, seeing as how you're doing this locally, don't you sort of "make a name for yourself" with either or both the local LEOs and the courts/legal system? It seems like they'd be looking out for your car after a couple of times, esp if you basically drive the same routes and times often.

Maybe not, dunno; I do agree the tint law is BS.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:45 PM
pgg00
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the front windows on our rig a couple of shades lighter than the rear. At first glance it may appear it doesn't have any or is just a UV protectant

Old 05-27-2016, 02:21 AM
trozei
Postmaster
So I got pulled over again for tint today... I don't know what it is, guys. I haven't been pulled over since the very first day I (legally) drove my F100 almost three years ago and now twice in 10 days for something I've had on my car for over a year.

Originally Posted by bajafishnut
Well, I tried amigo. Here in Mx. they invent laws as they go, and write them later. I got a ticket once, (and paid a $20 fine on the spot), for supposedly driving over 15 km in a school zone.. I asked "Where's the school?"... The cop, or the guy in the uniform, just shrugged, and said its coming next year, but it is still a school zone.. I paid and went on my way. After thinking about it some, I realized that the direct bribe system here, has advantages over the north... No judge, No day off work to go to the court, No court, No lawyer, just a $20 bribe. Works for me..

Baja

ps; like your ride..
Pros and cons to everything. I could see myself getting frustrated at that system sometimes. Other times not.

Originally Posted by fljab
I can't imagine driving down here in sunny Florida w/o window tint. I always have mine done to the legal limit (which is pretty dark) first thing.

In your case, seeing as how you're doing this locally, don't you sort of "make a name for yourself" with either or both the local LEOs and the courts/legal system? It seems like they'd be looking out for your car after a couple of times, esp if you basically drive the same routes and times often.

Maybe not, dunno; I do agree the tint law is BS.
Maybe... maybe not. Some say you get flagged for three months but who knows. Here, many people tint their windows even though it's illegal. It's luck of the draw who gets caught. In my case, I had to go in and prove that I'd removed it, which would have registered in the system (otherwise if I'd gotten pulled over after the allotted time without repairing the issue they'd impound the car), but the cop who pulled me over today bought my story about how my appointment to have it removed was today, so he let me off with a warning on that - I guess the system never alerted him to me having already shown that I'd removed the tint - but he's a traffic cop trying to make his quota so he literally walked a circle around my car looking for something else and he gave me a ticket for no BC front plate. Idiot.

Originally Posted by pgg00
I got the front windows on our rig a couple of shades lighter than the rear. At first glance it may appear it doesn't have any or is just a UV protectant
That's how mine was previously. Now it's dark front and back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trozei's '69 F100 Build Thread