Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Isspro Performax Gauges...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 04:14 PM
MiamiPSD
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Isspro Performax Gauges...HELP

Back in June 2012 my truck got broken into and my three Isspro EV2 gauges and pod was swiped. With the help of my insurance and a few bucks more, I purchased from Clay the new Performax gauges thinking I had upgraded after reading some threads and going onto the Isspro website. After installation which was a breeze, I began to notice that the needle movement was not the same as the EV2, as it lagged and the needle jumped some what. Apparently this was normal, and a reading is a reading, and both would read the same...........Now comes my question. In those two years I have driven my truck approx 6K miles and yesterday while I was driving it, I noticed the EGT gauge was pegged at 1400-1600 EGT and this was while stopped at a light. Seeing the gauge that high, I pulled over and shut the truck off thinking the only thing that might be going on was electrical. I then started the truck again with the gauge in the RED, still between 1200 and 1600 MAX. Drove off and used my truck as normal. Later in the day, I then used it again and the EGT's are now down to 400 while idling and stopped at a light.

Whats going on here, and has anyone experienced the same. What is a normal EGT while unloaded and idling?........I have left a message for Michael at Isspro but no word yet from him

Checked all connections and wires.....all seems fine.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:10 PM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 415 Likes on 237 Posts
Well, if you are seeing 12k, 16k, and 4k, your engine is melting. At regular no load idle I am around 300-400

Old 08-07-2014, 05:49 PM
MiamiPSD
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry, not thousands......... hundreds. my idle is now 400 un loaded. I edited my post

Old 08-07-2014, 06:35 PM
cjgray1974
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
400 is normal.
I had mine do the same thing once. I have dual egt's one was pegged, doing about 30 thru town, pulled over shut the truck off waited a few seconds and restarted and all was well.
That was about 3 months ago and hasn't happened since.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Gaugepro
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MiamiPSD
Back in June 2012 my truck got broken into and my three Isspro EV2 gauges and pod was swiped. With the help of my insurance and a few bucks more, I purchased from Clay the new Performax gauges thinking I had upgraded after reading some threads and going onto the Isspro website. After installation which was a breeze, I began to notice that the needle movement was not the same as the EV2, as it lagged and the needle jumped some what. Apparently this was normal, and a reading is a reading, and both would read the same...........Now comes my question. In those two years I have driven my truck approx 6K miles and yesterday while I was driving it, I noticed the EGT gauge was pegged at 1400-1600 EGT and this was while stopped at a light. Seeing the gauge that high, I pulled over and shut the truck off thinking the only thing that might be going on was electrical. I then started the truck again with the gauge in the RED, still between 1200 and 1600 MAX. Drove off and used my truck as normal. Later in the day, I then used it again and the EGT's are now down to 400 while idling and stopped at a light.

Whats going on here, and has anyone experienced the same. What is a normal EGT while unloaded and idling?........I have left a message for Michael at Isspro but no word yet from him

Checked all connections and wires.....all seems fine.
Please contact Michael at Isspro, he will send you an updated ESP...

Old 08-08-2014, 12:18 PM
creich68
Tuned
With my Performax gauges, the needle movement has always been notchy during normal everyday driving, and not the fluid movement I have seen in other brand or EV series gauges. At a stoplight I can actually hear the needle move back and forth between 0-2psi on the boost gauge. It sounds like a clock as the second needle goes round. Now granted, if I mash the go pedal, it will move smoothly, but I think that's only because it's jumping up quickly over a large range. That's the one disappointment I have had with these gauges from day one

Old 08-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Gaugepro
More Turbo
Originally Posted by creich68
With my Performax gauges, the needle movement has always been notchy during normal everyday driving, and not the fluid movement I have seen in other brand or EV series gauges. At a stoplight I can actually hear the needle move back and forth between 0-2psi on the boost gauge. It sounds like a clock as the second needle goes round. Now granted, if I mash the go pedal, it will move smoothly, but I think that's only because it's jumping up quickly over a large range. That's the one disappointment I have had with these gauges from day one
Give Michael at Isspro a shout, I recieved an updated ESP a few months ago that fixed many of these minor issues.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:58 PM
creich68
Tuned
Originally Posted by Gaugepro
Give Michael at Isspro a shout, I recieved an updated ESP a few months ago that fixed many of these minor issues.
If you don't mind me asking, did they charge you for the updated ESP? PM me if you'd prefer

Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Gaugepro
More Turbo
Originally Posted by creich68
If you don't mind me asking, did they charge you for the updated ESP? PM me if you'd prefer
Give Michael a call... If you truck can be down for a few days (or at least without gauges) then it might be as simple as sending it in for updates.