Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totalled

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 PM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
9 seaters are hard to find...at least around these parts.

Insurance companies are scumbags, fight with them and you WILL get more.

Glad you're ok, any pics of the accident?

Old 08-07-2014, 08:46 PM
The2003Excursion
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hope you didn't cash the check. Deal with your insurance instead. You will possibly have a deductible until you win, but see what your insurance says first. Make sure you get sales tax added on top of the final amount.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:24 PM
fordboy2
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Its a shame you pay a insurance premium for years then when you have a legitimate claim they screw you around and then crank up your rates. Man it ticks me off!!

Old 08-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Codelizard
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for all of the kind words, guys. And thanks for the tips, as well. I've got a line on a 2004 v8 diesel 4wd Harley Davidson edition about 30 mins away. I want to go take a peek at it, but it looks pretty good online so far.

With the frame damage in the back, Geico (my insurance) isnt going to want to fix it either. Once the metal is fatigued, its just not the same again. I plan on getting them to pump up what they have offered me. I have receipts for $1800 worth of suspension work and $1800 to rebuild the rear differential both last year. I also have the only 9 seater I can find anywhere. I found one in FL, but thats to far to be fair. I'm hoping to get a couple more k out of them.

If this HD model is good tomorrow, it may be my new ride. So long as I can get a decent warranty, etc.

And yeah, Insurance is totally a crock. I feel that car valuations are a loophole to keep them from having to be fair to consumers. I mean, my truck was perfect and I take really good care of it.

Worst part right now is I cant find the stock radio, which I know I have somewhere. So they want to keep my pioneer in-dash navigation/dvd/xmradio/bluetooth/etc... gotta find a stock radio quick.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Codelizard
Many thanks for all of the kind words, guys. And thanks for the tips, as well. I've got a line on a 2004 v8 diesel 4wd Harley Davidson edition about 30 mins away. I want to go take a peek at it, but it looks pretty good online so far.

With the frame damage in the back, Geico (my insurance) isnt going to want to fix it either. Once the metal is fatigued, its just not the same again. I plan on getting them to pump up what they have offered me. I have receipts for $1800 worth of suspension work and $1800 to rebuild the rear differential both last year. I also have the only 9 seater I can find anywhere. I found one in FL, but thats to far to be fair. I'm hoping to get a couple more k out of them.

If this HD model is good tomorrow, it may be my new ride. So long as I can get a decent warranty, etc.

And yeah, Insurance is totally a crock. I feel that car valuations are a loophole to keep them from having to be fair to consumers. I mean, my truck was perfect and I take really good care of it.

Worst part right now is I cant find the stock radio, which I know I have somewhere. So they want to keep my pioneer in-dash navigation/dvd/xmradio/bluetooth/etc... gotta find a stock radio quick.
Where are you located?

I have a stock radio. BAM

Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Codelizard
Mountain Pass
I'm in Woodstock, GA. Just north of Atlanta..

Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM
phoskins
Elder User
Unhappy

That is such a crappy thing to have happen. Glad you weren't hurt seriously.
I seriously doubt you could find another Excursion like yours for $8k. I hope you can get more out of them. Insurance is a total crock. Just today I saw that commercial for some Insurance company saying they will pay you the "full value of your vehicle".... I'm wondering what kind of loopholes they have on that one?

Best wishes, Codelizard.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
The hell they need the OEM radio for?!?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Codelizard
Mountain Pass
Yeah... their idea of "full value" and my idea are completely different.

I had a near-mint condition Excursion with no damage, good interior, running perfectly. I have a large family, and the truck suits us perfectly, which is WHY i rebuild the differential and such when it needs to be done.

Even if i find a good replacement truck, will it have all the rebuilt stuff I did, and be in the same condition? No, I dont think so. Not for the paltry money theyre offering me. And Im sure they'll take away my rental as soon as they give me a check, as they expect me to walk around to car dealerships to find what I need.

*sigh*

Old 08-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Codelizard
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
The hell they need the OEM radio for?!?

If I come and take a $1500 Pioneer nav system, they want a radio in return so they can get a better price at auction... ******s...

Old 08-08-2014, 12:08 AM
twigsV10
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to Walmart buy the cheapest radio and adapters they have and swap, paid 98$ for a radio and four speakers for a old truck there once.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:06 AM
Codelizard
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by twigsV10
Go to Walmart buy the cheapest radio and adapters they have and swap, paid 98$ for a radio and four speakers for a old truck there once.
Already got a line on a stock excursion radio from another member, who is actually pretty close. But yes, had the same idea if I didnt find a stock. Cheap nobrand radio from Walmart would do it. At least this way the radio will actually work, since I didnt cut the harnesses.

So, I've got a line on a 2004 V8 6.0 Turbo Diesel. Harley Davidson Edition. The exterior looks sweet, but no pics of the interior. I'm going to call them in the morning to check on the interior and to find out what kind of warranty they might offer (its a small dealership). If I pick it up, I plan to drive it right to Ford for a once-over while I still have time to take it back.

Hoping it all works out.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:22 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
The big question is: Where did you bury her??

Old 08-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Codelizard
Mountain Pass
I'm afraid she's not going to see a burial anytime soon. Everything about her, in regards to what makes her run as a truck, is rock-solid. A bodyshop somewhere is going to get a sweet truck at an auction, do some work, and have her back on the road again.

I spoke with the auto-shop at Ford. They told me that if I did a "customer retains" agreement with the insurance company (which they offered at $1500 less money), that the truck would NEED to go to a licensed rebuilder who would have the state come and inspect it, rebuild the truck to pass state requirements, then have it inspected again, etc and so on until it passed. Then you could take the salvage title and get a new drivable title again. Unless you know a rebuilder or are one, its a lengthy and expensive process. So, I drove the truck in there no problem, and the ONLY way I would be able to drive it back out was if I took no money at all for the damages.

If I see my baby on the streets in the months to come, I may freak right the hell out...

Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Codelizard
Mountain Pass
So, one of the issues with the new potential truck. 245,000 miles. Would any of you balk at buying a truck with so many miles on it?

Quick Reply: Totalled