1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

FTE Brotherhood strikes again...Thanks strokin'_tatsch and Toreador_Diesel!!!

Old 08-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Tailgate77478
Laughing Gas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FTE Brotherhood strikes again...Thanks strokin'_tatsch and Toreador_Diesel!!!

Just another testament to the fine people here on FTE..."The Brotherhood." I have a fuel leak on my wifes' X drain valve that is due to a stripped screw hole...and she can't pass state inspection due to it. Long story short, I have very little time to spend getting this repair done, which rules out the "try it and see if it works" idea of pulling the bowl, drilling and re-tapping for a larger thread size. Therefore, I just need to get a new fuel bowl, get it refreshed with gaskets and ready to go, then do a quick swap out.

Toreador_Diesel (Razzi) said he didn't have one, but contacted strokin'_tatsch who said, "Sure, I got one...no problem." While that's awesome in it's own right, I had told Razzi I was trying to get one in a short time frame. strokin'_tatsch had it on it's way to me before I even knew it was coming. That's the FTE Brotherhood taking care of each other, one going out of his way to find a solution, and another to step up to the plate even when the members don't know each other personally!

So, HUGE REPS to Toreador_Diesel and strokin'_tatsch. Please REP them if you can...hopefully they'll reply to this message so you can do a quick rep.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Brother Mark...
You should know by now we dont leave family hangin!

We miss you bud... when you comin home?(and getting the phraq out of unicorn land lol)

Old 08-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
That's the kinda people that are on here.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:02 PM
TXdoug
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, no surprise to me them are good guys. I'll try to rep them but I need to spread it around.

I am way behind. How in the world did you manage to get thrown out of TX?
I hope they let you out soon.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:29 AM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Good karma coming their way

Old 08-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Tailgate77478
Laughing Gas

Yep, fuel bowl arrived today...going out right now to do an R&R. Hopefully they'll reply. I'm in the REP police jailhouse right now for sending Razzi's reps (I've had many a reason to send him reps), but did sent one to Travis.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:03 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No problem at all. Like I said, I'm glad Razzi texted me. I'm not surprised, he was with me when we pulled that bowl out of my truck. Lol. I'm glad we could take care of you. Now chunk that bowl in the X and get that thing inspected!

Old 08-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Tailgate77478
Laughing Gas

Got it done! I put in the new o-rings in the one Travis sent me first thing when it arrived, then my wife got back with the truck and I had to let it cool down a few hours. Got it all done in about 2.25 hours (includes cleaning up). Not exactly "fast," but no major gotchas except the normal FPR P.O.S. screws locations (the danged fuel line is RIGHT where your driver/wrench needs to go).

Haven't driven it, but from letting it run 10 minutes, no sign of any leaks! Yay!

Now I can take my time and possibly drill and tap the old bowl and put an ever-so-slightly larger set of screws in there. No rush on that job, and that bowl may never be needed. But "just in case" and at my leisure.

FTE Brotherhood ROCKS. Not that I am surprised it does, but it's just a good feeling and re-affirmation that there are quality human beings still left in this world.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:03 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tailgate77478
Got it done! I put in the new o-rings in the one Travis sent me first thing when it arrived, then my wife got back with the truck and I had to let it cool down a few hours. Got it all done in about 2.25 hours (includes cleaning up). Not exactly "fast," but no major gotchas except the normal FPR P.O.S. screws locations (the danged fuel line is RIGHT where your driver/wrench needs to go).

Haven't driven it, but from letting it run 10 minutes, no sign of any leaks! Yay!

Now I can take my time and possibly drill and tap the old bowl and put an ever-so-slightly larger set of screws in there. No rush on that job, and that bowl may never be needed. But "just in case" and at my leisure.

FTE Brotherhood ROCKS. Not that I am surprised it does, but it's just a good feeling and re-affirmation that there are quality human beings still left in this world.
Awesome news!

Old 08-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Smokiesman
Posting Guru
Hey Mark! glad you got that job hammered out! Yer right the peeps here are a special bunch! Hey missed seeing you guys this year! but I understand. Take care and stay safe.

Smokie

Old 08-09-2014, 10:41 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Them Texas boys get'r done! Put the word out and things happen. Reps to both when I can.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:55 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
I hope you don't mind Tailgate, but I'm going to hijack your thread. I just bought a 97 F250 4x4 with 230k for $1500 and I'm hoping the Texas Brotherhood can help me out too.? If you look in the attached pics, you'll see that the truck had a little BBQ inside the cab. I'm looking for some tan interior to replace the melted stuff with. More importantly, I'm looking to switch over to the SD turbo/spider and IC. I'll just buy the up pipes and pedestal new. If anybody has any sitting around they want to let go, just throw me a PM...thanks Woody

Old 08-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Smokiesman
Posting Guru
I would say it was well done !! Oh and welcome brother!!!

Smokie
no pun intended

Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by itsnotanova
I hope you don't mind Tailgate, but I'm going to hijack your thread. I just bought a 97 F250 4x4 with 230k for $1500 and I'm hoping the Texas Brotherhood can help me out too.? If you look in the attached pics, you'll see that the truck had a little BBQ inside the cab. I'm looking for some tan interior to replace the melted stuff with. More importantly, I'm looking to switch over to the SD turbo/spider and IC. I'll just buy the up pipes and pedestal new. If anybody has any sitting around they want to let go, just throw me a PM...thanks Woody

I have a few tan OBS interior pieces laying around. I'm not sure exactly what all I have left, but I'll check tonight and send you a PM.

Also, the switch to the SD turbo setup really isn't worth the cash or effort. You'd be time and money ahead to just put some injectors in it if you want faster spool up.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:33 AM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Thanks Travis! I'm very very very interested in looking under the hood of your 95.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FTE Brotherhood strikes again...Thanks strokin'_tatsch and Toreador_Diesel!!!