Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Thanks Travis! I'm very very very interested in looking under the hood of your 95.
Here's when it was clean. There's not much to see now. Everything is covered in soot because both the uppipe bellows are blown apart. Lol.

Click the image to open in full size.
Travis- Death Row Diesel Inmate #7
1995 F-250 RC PSD- because race truck
2000 F-250 SC LB 4x4 ZF6- 4" TB, 6637, TW and Gearhead tunes, 160/100s, Driven Diesel full fuel system, S365..
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 08-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch View Post
Also, the switch to the SD turbo setup really isn't worth the cash or effort. You'd be time and money ahead to just put some injectors in it if you want faster spool up.
Your knowledge of these things is light years above mine, so don't think I'm arguing with you. My thoughts are that I must have an intercooler and I need this truck to be reliable. I also want it to be easily fixable anywhere in the country I might be with it. For the price difference between OBS and Sd up pipes I could mostly switch over to the SD system. My goal at this time is to go with E-pump, SD turbo/up pipes/IC/pedestal, Stage 1s or 2s, 17 HPOP and a tune. I have a WWII in my SD and plan on getting another one if I go the SD turbo on this truck.
68 F100 2wd
72 F100 4x4
Old 08-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Your knowledge of these things is light years above mine, so don't think I'm arguing with you. My thoughts are that I must have an intercooler and I need this truck to be reliable. I also want it to be easily fixable anywhere in the country I might be with it. For the price difference between OBS and Sd up pipes I could mostly switch over to the SD system. My goal at this time is to go with E-pump, SD turbo/up pipes/IC/pedestal, Stage 1s or 2s, 17 HPOP and a tune. I have a WWII in my SD and plan on getting another one if I go the SD turbo on this truck.
Unless the uppipe donuts are currently leaking, I wouldn't mess with them. You might contact Jim @ Rosewood. At one time he was modifying OBS uppipes to bellowed pipes so that we weren't forced to buy IH pipes. I don't know if he's still doing them or not. To switch over to the SD setup, you'll need to change one of the exhaust manifolds(the driver side IIRC), the uppipes, pedistal, turbo, and intake plenums. The good thing about that is you won't be forced to find an E99 spider when you do the IC. We'll have to talk more about the setup. I know I have some tan interior parts for you, so I'm sure we'll be meeting in person to talk it all over.
2000 F-250 SC LB 4x4 ZF6- 4" TB, 6637, TW and Gearhead tunes, 160/100s, Driven Diesel full fuel system, S365..
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 08-14-2014, 06:42 PM
The Dr. will see you now!

Christof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud of
christof13t
Why does the exhaust manifold need to be switched?
I looked dang hard to spot any differences when converting the motor for TXtinct...
Any i found seemed to be cosmetic. Mounting location alignment on all fronts looked identical... but i did not take them to the shop and put them on my bench. It was just eyeball measurements... highly technical lol.

Do you know offhand what the significant differences are Travis?
Chris-PAA#130
Motorbug:2000 F350 Lariat CC,LB,6x6 7.3DIT,4" Turbo-Back, IH Bellowed Uppies, RiffRaff FRx&AIH Delete, Hutch/Harpoon,6637, 05-07facelift, dual cowl induction hood, Glowshift Max Tow gauges, antique BullyDog 1 Toon chip, 10k, Air Lift on rear axle, All the hitches!
420k & counting AE Total Ford Enhanced Bundle
Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Post Fiend

The outlet on the SD manifold is around an inch longer IIRC. Tom S had some pretty good pictures floating around somewhere from when he swapped to the SD stuff. You might try finding those.
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 08-18-2014, 04:58 PM
The Dr. will see you now!

Christof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud of
christof13t
I still have that set i pulled off the obs motor that went into TXtinct. I had blasted and phosphate treated them in anticipation of putting them on my truck...

I will hold on to them till Zombieheart goes in, and if they dont get used i will offer them up to the Brotherhood for proper disposal. I might revisit the discussion of their differences when i yank the set off Motorbug's ticker.
Chris-PAA#130
Motorbug:2000 F350 Lariat CC,LB,6x6 7.3DIT,4" Turbo-Back, IH Bellowed Uppies, RiffRaff FRx&AIH Delete, Hutch/Harpoon,6637, 05-07facelift, dual cowl induction hood, Glowshift Max Tow gauges, antique BullyDog 1 Toon chip, 10k, Air Lift on rear axle, All the hitches!
420k & counting AE Total Ford Enhanced Bundle
Old 08-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Posting Guru

Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.
The trained machinists eye can be pretty good!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Rather Be Floatin

RedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to behold
Costa Kaldanis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mueckster View Post
Them Texas boys get'r done! Put the word out and things happen. Reps to both when I can.
I hit strokin'_tatsch for ya Roland!
2" Leveling Kit, Hutch/Harpoon, Foil Delete Mod, Upgraded boots, Undone CCV Mod, A/C Improvement Mod, GPR LED, Michelin LT285/75R/16 LTX AT2's, TRU-COOL cooler, Train Horns
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM