Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Senior User

RobRoss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RobRoss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curjo View Post
So there would be no way to modify them then? The guy has everything else that I need and it's kinda a package deal. I'll trust you guys if you think I should call it off though. I was supposed to make the deal tomorrow after work.
There's plenty to work with there, it's possible someone modified the pack to what you see now. It's up to you, this project may be more trial and error since we don't know what it is but it's really up to you. For sure the overload spring needs to come off and then another leaf or two Depending on what you're trying to get to (height wise) and if you want to run blocks or not.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Those springs look like C code. If you don't want them then I'll take them..
Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Senior User

RobRoss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RobRoss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitcrw6 View Post
Those springs look like C code. If you don't want them then I'll take them..
I don't think those are C codes. C, S, V codes all have a helper at the bottom, Excursion is the only one that doesn't. It's possible it is/was a super duty spring pack with the lower aux removed. Hard to say what it really is at this time...
Old 08-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoss View Post
I don't think those are C codes. C, S, V codes all have a helper at the bottom, Excursion is the only one that doesn't. It's possible it is/was a super duty spring pack with the lower aux removed. Hard to say what it really is at this time...
V codes are a front spring and never seen them with a helper spring from the factory. Did you mean B code?
Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Freshman User

Curjo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm gonna make them work somehow. Probably take out a leaf or two and definitely the one off the top.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Postmaster

I just looked at my OEM B code springs on my 02 SRW F350 and I have 4 leafs, 1 helper and 1 overload spring. Mine have never been removed from my truck. In the pics on page 1 there are 10 leafs and 1 overload spring which is why I said those must be C codes that where on a DRW F350 or higher.
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 08-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitcrw6 View Post
V codes are a front spring and never seen them with a helper spring from the factory. Did you mean B code?
Yes, sorry, I did mean B code. Thanks for catching it!
Old 08-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Freshman User

Anyone have an idea on the best way to modify the rears?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Freshman User

So looks like I have f-450 springs from my Internet research. They were the only springs that I could find that had 11 leaves in the pack. Must have been an option for heavy duty towing on a f350. Should I try these as is or take a few leaves out? Also if I leave as is should I add a 2" shackle to the fronts? And last but not least, did you change out the bushings in the springs when you swapped them?
Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Postmaster

If you want a stiff ride then leave them as is. Otherwise you can take out a couple leafs and go from there. I would think you would have to add some shackles to the front if you left the rears alone.
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 08-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Freshman User

I've looked all over for a rear sway bar install write up but I can't find one. Pretty sure I'm going to try and tackle everything this weekend and am pretty confident about the spring swap but not sure about the sway bar install since I'm not replacing one, I'm adding it.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Freshman User

holeshotwalt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up sway bar install

If you just set the bar over the driveshaft/ differential, you'll see where the 'U' brackets go in the grooves that are cast into the diff housing. Then the end rods (that go up to the frame) will land near the holes in the frame to bolt to. Easiest install ever!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Freshman User

holeshotwalt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

I just remembered- the passenger side rear shock mount has a plate on the front side that needs to be trimmed down so the sway bar will clear. You'll see when you have things sitting there. Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs