Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Elder User

jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
OT, largest forest fire in Swedens modern history

Hey guys

I am not the nervous type of guy, But this is just a couple of miles from my house. Luckely I have the wind in the back. But it changes all the time.

Löfven heads to help as Swedish forest fire rages - The Local

I am starting to get more nervous than I am used to....

http://online.wsj.com/articles/thous...-on-1407230183
Old 08-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Welder User

tinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully the winds keep it away from you. You are right to be nervous, things can change quickly. Be prepared.

We have a good part of the western US on fire all summer long. None close to me right now, but the smoke hangs in the air most of the time.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...uck-build.html
"you can call a pig a duck, but that won't make it quack!"
Old 08-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Elder User

jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
Hopefully the winds keep it away from you. You are right to be nervous, things can change quickly. Be prepared.

We have a good part of the western US on fire all summer long. None close to me right now, but the smoke hangs in the air most of the time.
Yepp

I can barely see the neighbours house across the house for all the smoke....

1956 F100 272 Y-block
Follow my restoration at: DinnerHill SpeedShop
Jimmy Carlsson
Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Stay safe and keep up on the insurance payments!

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 08-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Elder User

I really hope I dont need to use it....

We are not really use to these kind of forest fires here in sweden
Old 08-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
If you are told to evacuate please, please do - Forest fires are fast and deadly - There is almost nothing you can do with a garden hose
Stay Safe
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 08-05-2014, 04:37 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
We've had to stand by and watch as several million acres of beautiful forest burned, usually because of stupid acts by people, poor planning by the Forest Service, and a heck of a drought. It fundamentally changes entire sections of the state, will not recover in my lifetime. I hope it doesn't get that way for you!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:28 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
Living in northern California, I understand, like Dick said ,if they say to evacuate "DO IT" These things create there own weather patterns and can jump a mile at a time, around here they are something we have to live with. They are scary, pleas be carful.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Take care of yourself. No property is worth risking your life over, not even old Fords.
Like other's have said, if they say get out, well, get out.

Keep us informed of how you are doing. In this instance no news is NOT good news.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Elder User

Yesterday was a good day as the firefighters was able to prevent the spread with a MAJOR effort and some luck with the weather.

Today the waterbomber from france has arrived. Today they will start trying to put some of the fire out instead of focusing on preventing the spread.

I keep my fingers crossed for low winds, lower temperature and hopefully some rain (actually a lot of rain, but I am not picky)

I cant imagine living with this threat every year, like some of you guys do.

1956 F100 272 Y-block
Follow my restoration at: DinnerHill SpeedShop
Jimmy Carlsson
Old 08-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
I have a friend in Southern California that has evacuated his home twice. Once the fires got within 500 yards (around 460 meters) of his neighborhood.

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Senior User

Aus56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Aus56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim View Post
Living in northern California, I understand, like Dick said ,if they say to evacuate "DO IT" These things create there own weather patterns and can jump a mile at a time, around here they are something we have to live with. They are scary, pleas be carful.
Fortunately, I have never been in a big fire, but Australia being such a dry country in many places and with a lot of bush that the greenies stop being cleared out for hazard reduction, has a lot of forest fires. Two big ones in recent years killed 75 in one and 173 in another. Many injured and lots of homes lost. I hope all goes well for your country and you and your family.
My old girl has the original look, which I do love. I would like to customise the body of my truck, but don't have the nerve to pull it apart for a significant custom rebuild. Long live the darkside and those with the courage to travel there.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks