1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Planning a couple things, need some help..

Old 08-04-2014, 09:50 AM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Planning a couple things, need some help..

Morning guys, I've accumulated a couple pieces and parts that I'm gunna bolt up when I have evening else together. I got a replacement TS Chip after the one I originally ordered was toast, I've got the 6637 with the NAPA 45 and a prefilter cover, and I've got to order/find a new A-pillar cover for the drivers side; mines cracked at the lower screw. So, two questions:

1. Has anyone purchased the triple gauge A-pillar trim for our trucks on EBay that are color matched for the light brown? Seems like there is one in particular that's prominent. Or, would anyone have a preference on a color matched triple gauge set-up? I'll be installing the TS dial in one and the existing pyro and boost in the others. Another option would be buying a decent black one and color matching myself. If I went this route would anyone happen to have information on the paint I'd need? Ideally what I want is a tripple gauge pod that does not "fit over" but replaces the factory trim and (this is really reachin) has one blank hole, but that's probably askin too much. I would assume one can buy blanks; correct? Course something like this would be excellent!
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...memade-241177/

2. I've seen some discussion about relocating the CCV and perhaps something else with regards to the 6637 conversion. What I'd like to do is keep everything congregated to that area. Has anyone kept the ccv and other associated plumbing routed to the new 45 degree pipe? If so would anyone happen to have any pics, grommet part #s or threads that would talk about this specifically?

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:04 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My triple gauge kit came black, since I have a grey interior I sprayed grey primer on it and it looks perfect. Then I hit it with some satin clear coat and you cant tell the difference. Thats all I can help you with sorry.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by David7.3
My triple gauge kit came black, since I have a grey interior I sprayed grey primer on it and it looks perfect. Then I hit it with some satin clear coat and you cant tell the difference. Thats all I can help you with sorry.
I hear ya, thanks!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:09 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same thing for my red interior. i used a spray meant for plastic, 3 coats and done, perfect match.

CCV currently is installed downstream of that 45* elbow. If your not running an intercooler you should leave it in the stock location

Old 08-04-2014, 10:15 AM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by jchosler
I did the same thing for my red interior. i used a spray meant for plastic, 3 coats and done, perfect match.

CCV currently is installed downstream of that 45* elbow. If your not running an intercooler you should leave it in the stock location
OK so its more twards the turbo anyway? I'm not running an intercooler so that'd be fine.... Thanks.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
I actually have a CCV eliminator kit. Its just a big aluminum tube with the mounting brakets for the factory mounting holes, them you take off the CCV reverse it and run 5/8 heater hose out back along the frame rail, zip tie a rag around it and let the engine blow anything out the end of the heater hose. It's nice cause there's no restriction in the connector between the turbo and air box, straight thru. you can have it, i doubt I will be needing it.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 AM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
I actually have a CCV eliminator kit. Its just a big aluminum tube with the mounting brakets for the factory mounting holes, them you take off the CCV reverse it and run 5/8 heater hose out back along the frame rail, zip tie a rag around it and let the engine blow anything out the end of the heater hose. It's nice cause there's no restriction in the connector between the turbo and air box, straight thru. you can have it, i doubt I will be needing it.
Geeze man, Thanks! I really wanted to keep it condensed to where it is tho. in the event that's not possible than I may take you up on that!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:41 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Let me now PM me and enjoy

Old 08-04-2014, 12:06 PM
jchosler
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coreyallan01
OK so its more twards the turbo anyway? I'm not running an intercooler so that'd be fine.... Thanks.
Its connected to the bottom of the CIRCLED section of the intake

Old 08-04-2014, 02:22 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by jchosler
Its connected to the bottom of the CIRCLED section of the intake

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Old 08-04-2014, 02:35 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
CCV can stay in the stock location when you put the 6637 in. You want to do away with it when you install an IC but for just the filter it can stay put. Like was said above the CCV goes into the aluminum elbow that goes over the valve cover. The 45* that you will need goes between the filter and the black rubber flex pipe that attaches to the aluminum piece that you leave. Make sense? You're installing the filter and the 45* that goes into the filter in the picture above.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:39 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
CCV can stay in the stock location when you put the 6637 in. You want to do away with it when you install an IC but for just the filter it can stay put. Like was said above the CCV goes into the aluminum elbow that goes over the valve cover. The 45* that you will need goes between the filter and the black rubber flex pipe that attaches to the aluminum piece that you leave. Make sense? You're installing the filter and the 45* that goes into the filter in the picture above.
Yeah, no; I know the set-up, I just haven't investigated the position if the CCV. I'm also looking for a grommet for the vacume indicator so I can mount it in the elbow... Anyone? Thanks...

Old 08-04-2014, 09:01 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go ahead and do the ccv mod, that way you would already have it done when you get an ic. It is pretty easy. And there is companys out there that sell the led switch indicator. No limit is one i can find right now, but im gonna try and find the other company i have seen make them.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:25 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by stainlessstroker95
I would go ahead and do the ccv mod, that way you would already have it done when you get an ic. It is pretty easy. And there is companys out there that sell the led switch indicator. No limit is one i can find right now, but im gonna try and find the other company i have seen make them.
Cool! I'll check no limit. I'm not doing nor do I plan to do an IC so the CCV will stay where it is for now. I'd still like some input in a good triple pillar. Thanks.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Evening, can anybody recommend an A pillar triple gauge pod that fits good and replaces the factory trim?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Planning a couple things, need some help..