Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
Sorry Corey, the only ones I have ever used fasten over the stock pillar. Let me know if you need a stock pillar and I may be able to find one in decent shape.

I swear that someone makes one that replaces the whole piece. I don't recall if it is ISSPRO or Autometer or who makes it, though.

1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4x4, CCLB SRW, 3.55's, ZF5
If it isn't under warranty, I'll fix it myself.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Elder User

coreyallan01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic View Post
Sorry Corey, the only ones I have ever used fasten over the stock pillar. Let me know if you need a stock pillar and I may be able to find one in decent shape.

I swear that someone makes one that replaces the whole piece. I don't recall if it is ISSPRO or Autometer or who makes it, though.
Thanks! I DO need a tan one; if you have access to some I'd be all over it, man those things are hard to find! My double pod that installs over the factory trim fits pretty good, maybe I should just find a triple and color match it. Its tough to verify fit and finish when your just looking at pictures. + I'm only a member here so it's not like I have a pool of resources to pull from..
Old 08-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
If you're going to color match the triple pillar pod could you also color match the OEM pillar cover? I might know where I could find a tan one, but I can't say for sure. The nice thing about color matching it is that you would be able to clean it up and do all your fitting and then paint it all together.

I just have a cheap triple pillar pod in my truck now, and I had to add some extra screws to get it to fit like I wanted it to, but I don't think it looks bad. I used the screws that were supplied with the pod along the front and used the little caps for the screws then I used some other little screws for along the windshield where no one can see it anyway. I know it's totally a personal preference thing, but I left mine black because I like the contrast it provides. It kind of ties into the gauge cluster being black as well. I could go either way on them I guess.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Elder User

Quote:
If you're going to color match the triple pillar pod could you also color match the OEM pillar cover? I might know where I could find a tan one, but I can't say for sure. The nice thing about color matching it is that you would be able to clean it up and do all your fitting and then paint it all together.

I just have a cheap triple pillar pod in my truck now, and I had to add some extra screws to get it to fit like I wanted it to, but I don't think it looks bad. I used the screws that were supplied with the pod along the front and used the little caps for the screws then I used some other little screws for along the windshield where no one can see it anyway. I know it's totally a personal preference thing, but I left mine black because I like the contrast it provides. It kind of ties into the gauge cluster being black as well. I could go either way on them I guess.

I hear that, the one I have now is black and your right; it does match the black parts of the dash fine. Eh... I don't know what I'm gunna do... Just keep thinking I guess...
Old 08-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Posting Guru

farmert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.farmert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The only pillar pods I have seen offered are the kind that lay over the factory pillar cover. Not what you are looking for I know.
1997 F350 SRW Reg cab powerstroke 4.10, zf5spd 4X4, 3inch downpipe, 6637 mod, intercooler
1996 F350 Crewcab dually 4.10, E4OD, 3" downpipe, 6637 filter
1996 F350 C&C Dually reg cab 4X4 flatbed Zf5 4.10, 3" downpipe, 6637 filter
Old 08-09-2014, 05:46 AM
Elder User

So where do I plumb this to??
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Post Fiend

I can't tell for sure but is that the sensor in the air filter housing? If so that is just the IAT sensor (Intake Air Temp). You can twist it to remove it from the housing and then just wire tie it to the inside of the fender somewhere near where the 6637 filter will go. It will be reading the temperature of the air that is being drawn into the engine since it will be drawing air from that area of the engine compartment.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Elder User

Quote:
I can't tell for sure but is that the sensor in the air filter housing? If so that is just the IAT sensor (Intake Air Temp). You can twist it to remove it from the housing and then just wire tie it to the inside of the fender somewhere near where the 6637 filter will go. It will be reading the temperature of the air that is being drawn into the engine since it will be drawing air from that area of the engine compartment.
Ok cool, yeah it is.. I understand.. I'll do that then.. Thanks!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyallan01 View Post
Ok cool, yeah it is.. I understand.. I'll do that then.. Thanks!!!
Sure thing!

Old 08-09-2014, 08:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel