Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Senior User

AAubinoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 Super Duty Guy View Post
yea that stuff looks pretty heavy duty, after years of trips to Vermont and launching boats my truck should be dipped in it lol..but not for 111 bucks a gallon, call me cheap...
Well its much cheaper then the POR15 stuff.

POR-15 Rust Preventive Coating

A gallon would easily do the entire frame. I used maybe 3/4 of a quart doing the entire front axle, suspention, brake shields, and frame to about the trans crossmember.

The drips on the concrete in my shop dried like drips of melted plastic! Just saying you get what you pay for and would be a good investment if you plan to keep your truck for a long time.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Post Fiend

dkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to behold
I just got some Rustbullet to try out. A quart of the Automotive formula, a quart of the Black Shell and a 16oz bottle of the metal prep stuff. The paint was $50 per quart. Never used it before but I am going to try it out.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:06 PM
New User

ghulands is starting off with a positive reputation.
i took my V10 to an exhaust shop this week to put my doug thorley headers on. It took them 3 days, had to drill out 13 bolts out of the heads. It ended up costing $2500 (including 2 new O2 sensors). I'm glad I didn't sign myself up for that, though it was extremely expensive.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghulands View Post
i took my V10 to an exhaust shop this week to put my doug thorley headers on. It took them 3 days, had to drill out 13 bolts out of the heads. It ended up costing $2500 (including 2 new O2 sensors). I'm glad I didn't sign myself up for that, though it was extremely expensive.
WOW! Thats a chunk of change! Did your o2 sensors break, or were they just bad? When I took the Y pipe out of mine the sensors were still stamped Motorcraft, but looked great and im still getting average mileage so I left them. I tried to keep my "while im in there" mentality under control for this job
Old 08-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I just got some Rustbullet to try out. A quart of the Automotive formula, a quart of the Black Shell and a 16oz bottle of the metal prep stuff. The paint was $50 per quart. Never used it before but I am going to try it out.
cool would love to see how it turns out for you.

This stuff works very good. I sprayed it on the frame after I cleaned it as best I could with a wire brush and air gun. Still wiped it down with brake clean before painting though.

Klean-Strip 1-gal. Phosphoric Prep and Etch-GKPA30220 at The Home Depot
Old 08-24-2014, 10:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty