Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

The PA Chapter's "Its Carlilse Party Time" August 2014 BS and Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I said it in the other thread, just an honest, true dude. Gonna miss that jokester. Think I'll pop a yuengling or two or four in his honor tonight.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:55 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning Guys... sad news indeed.

Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Thanks Steve. It's funny, you might only meet someone on here once, or not at all. But, I've been on here almost 9 years, and I have some pretty close friends, that I've never met! Had the pleasure of chatting with Bill on the phone when I called one of the other guys a few years ago, during the ATN"s. But, tough losing our buds on here, wether you've met them or not. Crazy thing is, we spend a lot of time together on here, get to know each other pretty well, learing about each other, our families, and our lives, and there is a good chance we'll never meet. But, it's still a stab in the heart, losing one of the guys you've chatted with so much on here.
Well said Pat, thanks.

Rest in Peace Steve, you will be missed by so many.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:57 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Archion
I said it in the other thread, just an honest, true dude. Gonna miss that jokester. Think I'll pop a yuengling or two or four in his honor tonight.
I know I will.

Morning Rob...

Old 08-07-2014, 10:10 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
I think I'll hoist a cold one in his honor tonight also. Too damn bad we couldn't all do it together.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:33 AM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
Thanks Steve. It's funny, you might only meet someone on here once, or not at all. But, I've been on here almost 9 years, and I have some pretty close friends, that I've never met! Had the pleasure of chatting with Bill on the phone when I called one of the other guys a few years ago, during the ATN"s. But, tough losing our buds on here, wether you've met them or not. Crazy thing is, we spend a lot of time together on here, get to know each other pretty well, learing about each other, our families, and our lives, and there is a good chance we'll never meet. But, it's still a stab in the heart, losing one of the guys you've chatted with so much on here.
Very well said Pat.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:50 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Hey Shawn, thanks. Just breaks my heart, man.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:55 AM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
Mine too Pat. I have had the honor of meeting him a few times at the ATN's and of course here on FTE and Facebook. We have lost a great friend and person.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 AM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh Bummer! Steve was one of the 'old timers' I asked you guys about Saturday evening...one of the original gang who got me to join FTE in the first place. 57 is way too young and a heart attack is way too stupid way to go. Our own mortality fellas, bites you in the azz whether you expect it or not. Put him and me side by side and 99 out of 100 would pick me to expire first. Goes to show when your number is up, its up. Perhaps time to rethink not being at least a loose knit group of enthusiasts each year? You will remember a face-2-face far more than a BBS posting...

After dusk tonight go outside, face north and hoist a shot, leave one for him on the porch. Its only proper.

On a lighter note, hopefully wherever he is at there is no G%#$#$dang rust....

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 307 Likes on 282 Posts
So damn true brother and very well stated.

Here's to you Brickers

Old 08-07-2014, 11:12 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I consider you yokels friends now. It's a brave, new world. Physical contact is not necessary to form a real bond. Good and bad with that, I suppose.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:15 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by quaddriver
Oh Bummer! Steve was one of the 'old timers' I asked you guys about Saturday evening...one of the original gang who got me to join FTE in the first place. 57 is way too young and a heart attack is way too stupid way to go. Our own mortality fellas, bites you in the azz whether you expect it or not. Put him and me side by side and 99 out of 100 would pick me to expire first. Goes to show when your number is up, its up. Perhaps time to rethink not being at least a loose knit group of enthusiasts each year? You will remember a face-2-face far more than a BBS posting...

After dusk tonight go outside, face north and hoist a shot, leave one for him on the porch. Its only proper.

I know, man. Privileged to have him in my life, for just a short time - he was a great friend and I've missed his trips to Carlisle the past two years. Time, drag racing, and work kept him out west, so he couldn't make it in.

I'll go home tonight, find a west-facing chair, have a Yuengling and pour one out for him. A fitting tribute to a hell of a guy.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by svolpone
Yeah, I consider you yokels friends now. It's a brave, new world. Physical contact is not necessary to form a real bond. Good and bad with that, I suppose.
LOL @ yokels...

It's odd how you find the real folks in an electronic world. Social media is anything but, but by the same sense we end up making connections that just transcend all of that with some people.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:22 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 307 Likes on 282 Posts

Funny thing about this, I was at my doctor's yesterday for a check up and I basically told the NP that I saw that you saw me, you would expect that my heath was not the best due to being waaaay overweight, not eating healthy, etc. but in truth, at almost 45 years of age I have only one prescription for high blood pressure, blood work is in normal ranges.

I have come to the realization over the years being a volunteer fireman dealing with death, it does not matter your age. Life is cruel and you never know when your ticket is going to be punched. Therefore I try to live each day like it maybe my last and hope that I will make it to somewhere in my 80's.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:28 AM
429poweredf350
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be outside to join ya'll as well. Cheers Stevie!

Old 08-07-2014, 11:34 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by 429poweredf350
I'll be outside to join ya'll as well. Cheers Stevie!
No doubt Jerry - I'll be out there as well.

Quick Reply: The PA Chapter's "Its Carlilse Party Time" August 2014 BS and Chat Thread