Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Posting Legend

Sparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalenahan View Post
If I knew you wanted a diesel I wouldn't show you a V10. Makes no sense.
seems par for the area... when my brother was camaro shopping.. they tried showing him everything BUT a camaro... dad went suv shopping.. told them he didnt want a van due to the engines sat so far back under the firewalls.. they kept trying to push a caravan on him.. we tried telling them we work on our own vehicles and like the room you get to work on them with of the longer nosed vehicles.. their excuse for showing us vans "you only have to change the plugs ever 100K miles.." stupid idiots didnt seem to get the point.. why i hate car shopping...
Shawn Official #11 Slackmaster!#1b WINTER ENTHUSIAST
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. "
-- Edgar Allan Poe
"I don't Fail... I succeed at finding what doesn't work!"
-- Christopher Titus
Old 08-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Senior User

dalenahan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
seems par for the area... when my brother was camaro shopping.. they tried showing him everything BUT a camaro... dad went suv shopping.. told them he didnt want a van due to the engines sat so far back under the firewalls.. they kept trying to push a caravan on him.. we tried telling them we work on our own vehicles and like the room you get to work on them with of the longer nosed vehicles.. their excuse for showing us vans "you only have to change the plugs ever 100K miles.." stupid idiots didnt seem to get the point.. why i hate car shopping...
Well with experiences like that I understand why you hate it. My thoughts are that they were probably on the lot for a while and had a flat on them. So the salesmen make more money if they sell it.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Posting Legend

Sparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputation
Quote:
What does he look like?
was older.. had a smug look on his face the whole time like HE knew better what i wanted than i did.. table we sat at was on the back side of the show room closest to the windows on the right side (if your looking towards the front of the building).. had a couple salesman awards on his desk...
-- Edgar Allan Poe
-- Christopher Titus
Old 08-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Posting Legend

bingo..... found the card burried on my desk.. Bill Minyard.. "Senior Sales Associate"

kew i had it somewhere.. im a card junkie... tend to collect them..
-- Edgar Allan Poe
-- Christopher Titus
Old 08-19-2014, 11:19 PM
Senior User

Quote:
bingo..... found the card burried on my desk.. Bill Minyard.. "Senior Sales Associate"

kew i had it somewhere.. im a card junkie... tend to collect them..
It's funny you say that name cause as soon as I read smug look I knew it was him. He always has that look. He's snaked some sales from me. If you come up there I'll make sure you don't deal with that problem again.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Posting Legend

maybe when mom goes to get another car... she doesnt like the impala she has anymore.. but till dads cars paid off she wont get another... she wanted a flex at one point... but its been discontinued
-- Edgar Allan Poe
-- Christopher Titus
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Posting Legend

one of the tires i was wanting replaced before id buy it... the gouge was so deep in the tire i could literally see the shiny steel belt inside... there were 2 tires like this on that truck... he tried telling me they were fine...
-- Edgar Allan Poe
-- Christopher Titus
Old 08-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Quote:
Wow. What made him say that?
I have no clue. Considering it was $70K I guess he didnt think I could afford it even when I pulled out my checkbook. Needless to say, I worked him over like a man on fire put out with a wet chain.
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Senior User

Quote:
maybe when mom goes to get another car... she doesnt like the impala she has anymore.. but till dads cars paid off she wont get another... she wanted a flex at one point... but its been discontinued
I haven't heard anything on the flex being discontinued. If it is, I'm about 90% sure manufacturers have to have parts available for like 10 years.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by archtaan View Post
I have no clue. Considering it was $70K I guess he didnt think I could afford it even when I pulled out my checkbook. Needless to say, I worked him over like a man on fire put out with a wet chain.
Man, that's insane. I treat him everyone like they have a million dollars. Even the teenagers. How do I not know they aren't some teeny bopper Ive never heard of? My grandfather once went into a Harley davidson dealership looking like a hobo. He had $50k in cash and they turned him down. They didn't know he had it. So he went to Cadillac and bought top of the line and then drove to Harley Davidson so they can see what they missed out on. Of course this was years ago before Cadillac's started reaching almost $100k.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
1st rule of sales. Everyone is a potential no matter what they look lie.
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 AM
Posting Legend

last i heard 2014 was supposed to be their last year.. she liked the flex cuz it was one she could recognize... and it had a refrigerator in it...
-- Edgar Allan Poe
-- Christopher Titus
Old 08-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Good morning Ginians, happy Humpeth Day!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Senior User

Quote:
last i heard 2014 was supposed to be their last year.. she liked the flex cuz it was one she could recognize... and it had a refrigerator in it...
As far as I know it's not. In fact, I think theyre adding a few colors.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Posting Legend

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
Morning Virginia.
2009 F-150 Super Cab XL 4X4 4.6L 2Valve V8 My build thread.Added: N-Fab light bar, Rigid Industries LED lights,Rough Country hidden winch mount with Rough Country 9500lb winch. 2" leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel.Up next: wheels and tires.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter

Tags
cat farts, corn, fighting fires, hot, modding, new camera, new garage, new york, no time to slack, pizza, snow anyone, thanks shawn, tim is naked, tornadoes, vacay