Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Aug BS, Stories n Lies

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 09:21 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Whaddupp Fellow Babies!!!

It's finally nice out here today. We've had nothing but rain for the last week or so. Gonna head outside shortly (since I've about finished my coffee) and clean the truck (Bear) inside and out. I guess that's at least Ford Truck related.
The house is about as pre packed as it can be and have things to keep us living and eating in here. Can't WAIT, to get out of Durham, and the Raleigh areas. What a "Cluster".
Rich glad to hear from you time to time on here. Alan, just let that back relax, I have and do feel your pain, and it sucks.
R.C. your coming right along on that bump. Looks sweet!
Glad to see y'all are taking care of those Ford Trucks.

Y'all behave

Unk Bob

Old 08-13-2014, 09:47 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

I tried to go to work today. I was there for about 30 minutes before I couldn't move again. I'm back in my recliner on the heating pad right now. I'll probably head to the shop and try to get some paint work done. ....just some easy primer and paint stuff. I gotta get some money coming in. The Acura kicked my bank account in the teeth last week.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:30 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Afternoon Everybody!

I managed to go to the shop and get a some bodywork done. I had to fix another guy's work, then mask it off and lay some primer down. I'll block it out tomorrow and get some color on it. Between vacation and Tiff's car laying down, the piggy bank is pretty thin these days.

Jeff. I was finally able to print out that schematic, so I'm gonna try to get that wrapped up tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:29 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
i played with the 71 for awhile today.. it started cutting out and dying on the way home from alans yesterday.. i thought maybe it was the fuel pump..it was one i have had for 30 years or so, still in the box but old.. well i guess i was wrong.. i installed my new electric pump and it died on haskins hill... now i think it is just trash in the tank..i hope i have it cleared out.. drove it around alot and no sign of cutting out yet... tomorrow i will load it and the trailer for springfield fri.
i know how ya fel alan.. this 71 f100 has been kicking my poor skinny piggy to death.. i hope to sell some parts at the swap meet to fatten him up a bit..

Old 08-13-2014, 10:00 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Roger that Alan. Sounds great!

Old 08-13-2014, 10:08 PM
larryb346
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Alan
Hope you get better.

I guess you're use to it but I am doing a 2012 Nissan rouge re-builder. I have spent my entire life working on avoiding orange peel. This entire car looks like it was painted by a 10 year old. The factory paint is the worse I have ever seen and black to boot. I painted the door today and really had to work on getting the orange peel right. Still have the hood,fender and bumper cover left to go.

RC
Glad you're getting the bump in shape. I doubt if I go to the swap meet but good luck on selling stuff.
Larry

Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
I hope a few of my ford truck buddies can make it to the swap meet.. i'll even bring some ford parts..

Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
I think I decided to not bring anything with me, but I'll be there. I'll be easy to spot. ...I'll be the guy in the wheel chair. I can walk a few steps at a time, but there's no way I'd be able to walk around the swap meet.

I'll swing by and visit with ya' RC.

I'm gonna take it slow today and tomorrow and see if I can get a car or two out of the shop.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 AM
97 Mountain Man
Fleet Mechanic
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by larryb346
Alan
Hope you get better.

I guess you're use to it but I am doing a 2012 Nissan rouge re-builder. I have spent my entire life working on avoiding orange peel. This entire car looks like it was painted by a 10 year old. The factory paint is the worse I have ever seen and black to boot. I painted the door today and really had to work on getting the orange peel right. Still have the hood,fender and bumper cover left to go.

RC
Glad you're getting the bump in shape. I doubt if I go to the swap meet but good luck on selling stuff.
Larry
Rouge is a perfect name for those abominations. The Juke should have been called Joke.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:00 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good morning all. GMC is done, or at least I'm done jacking with it. It's going outside today and the owner knows it is going outside today. Alan, man, I feel for you, this headache has me moving slow and it ain't nothing compared to what you deal with on a daily basis.

RC, good luck on the truck, I hope you bring back an empty truck and trailer Sunday and a full wallet.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:31 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
RC, ill visit you!

Alan, I think your off line, but if you want my help so you don't have to get under the truck or something, ill be glad to help you out.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
well i have been unpacking one trailer that the boxes all got wet in.. and i am repacking it onto my 1949 f1 trailer (which will be for sale too) and load a few doors, fenders and stuff in the back of the truck.. ray messed up a little and got us the wrong spaces from what i thought we had.. but we will be behind the beverage stands as you come in the "vendors gate" right in front of the main building and grandstands.. i wish i had the "FTE" banner it would look good over my spaces..

Old 08-14-2014, 09:02 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can get those banners made now real cheap, any sign shop is starving for business, let them know what you need and they can do it in a day.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Elemak
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got to drive the new Explorer last night that the dealer let my wife borrow for a few days. For a 2015 with all the bells and whistles and no miles on it, I was a bit disappointed. There was an air leak on the passengers door, and some sort of a rattle coming from the cowl/hood area. We put 350 miles on it in 3 days.

Have to say though, the air conditioned seats were really cool. Can't say I've ever looked at all the extras that you can get nowadays. And some are a nice addition, but others make you wonder what kind of world we've moved into when your so lazy that you have to have a button on the dash to open the rear hatch.

Needless to say she decided to go with a newer Flex, the dealer is looking to try to find one that fits our needs. They had one close but was the worst color of nasty green I've ever come across.

Elemak

Old 08-14-2014, 03:15 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Well with a 5 hr delay (standing in the sun and on the flight line with 115+ temps...) I am finally in Dubai and out Afghanistan.

Here till tomorrow evening then on to other places...surprise, surprise, anyone want to make a guess?

Alan take it easy and heal up or at least take it easy on yourself.

Quick Reply: Aug BS, Stories n Lies