Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frame has been cut

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Fordtonka
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Frame has been cut

I purchased a 1995 F350 diesel dually cab and chassis with no bed on it. I decided to put regular bed on it so I located the bed and shortened the frame to a standard 8 ft box. I cut the frame just behind the cab, purchased a new drive line and reattached the front fuel tank to the original location. There were 2 tanks but I had to take the 2nd tank off when I shortened the bed so the 2nd fuel tank door on the side of the bed is an empty hole. Anyway, I reassembled every thing and have been driving the truck every since. However, recently I have been trying to sell the truck and I have disclosed to every person that takes a look the situation with the frame and now it seems I have a worthless truck??????
Does anyone out there know about this type of thing?

Old 07-11-2003, 11:47 AM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Frame has been cut

Yep - that sounds about right. I wouldn't buy it, either, no matter how long you've driven it. It's like buying a Dell computer that someone has changed the motherboard in - who but you knows how good of a job was done and how long it might last? I'd say you're gonna have to drive it to get your money out of it.

Old 07-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Scooter29
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frame has been cut

You don't say if you or someone else performed the fabrication. You are being honest with everyone anyway. You don't say why you are trying to sell it. I would consider putting dual tires and fenders on it. What a ride!! Bet you'd sell it then!!