1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

An Engine Rebuild/Refresh Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:53 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
LOL!! I don't know about all that.....but I could build one from the OBS junkyard in my back yard! LOL!!
Oh I believe it!! They are not junk Bill. I don't care what the wife says!

Old 12-26-2014, 11:55 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Oh I believe it!! They are not junk Bill. I don't care what the wife says! 😄
I don't care what she says either ........

Old 12-27-2014, 09:04 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
I don't care what she says either ........
Wife....
Bill....

Old 12-27-2014, 11:26 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Wife....
Bill....

That explains it!! LOL (I'm referring to my wife)

Old 12-27-2014, 10:39 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
I got mine from Irate diesel but I don't know if you could mod it?
Might be worth a call to see if he can do something custom. I'd be down for fabbing it myself but got too many other little jobs to finish on the truck...

Old 12-27-2014, 10:41 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
May look at getting a couple 3" exhaust pipe bends and make one. I made all my IC piping out of it.

Damn, that's some nice welding bill. On the same note as above, any interest in getting paid to make one?!?! ...pretty pretty please?

Old 12-30-2014, 09:49 AM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Ok guys, I'm about to [finally] order my Tony Wildman chip. I can't seem to find any contact info on his or Stealth Auotmotive's page. Anyone got a number for him?

Assuming not, maybe someone here can help with a few questions I have:
- his (and just abou all) tunes say a lot about tranny shift points. With a manual trans that doesn't affect me, so is there any difference between tow and heavy tow? Or daily and economy?

- I have stage 2 injectors from rosewood, but I believe these are not stage 2's as other vendors call them - maybe slightly smaller. Should I pick stage 1, 2 or hybrid from the drop down menu on the order page?
- under Hpop, terminator is not an option. I'm going to assume it's on par with Adrenaline, though. Any disagreements?
- same with 'aftermarket turbo' - there's just a checkbox next to it. I guess it doesn't matter which upgraded turbo you have?

Old 12-30-2014, 10:05 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

sales@totaldieselperformance.com

his web site is after the @

Old 12-30-2014, 11:26 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If there is a comments or notes section on the order form, I would put your specifics in there. If not, then I would try and email him and let him know what you've got. I doubt there are any real differences between the things you're listing but I know I'd feel better knowing that he knew exactly what he was working with to build your tunes.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't refer to the injectors by calling them stage 2 with your tuner. Give them the specs. Jim's "Stage 2s" are 160/80 injectors. 160cc with 80% larger nozzles than stock.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:47 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
sales@totaldieselperformance.com

his web site is after the @
Thanks Glenn. I was at the wrong site! Maybe his old one... Or maybe an impostor? Tony Wildman Performance Chips

The site you gave lists his number right on the front page!

And, yep, that was exactly my point Nate. I wanted to specify that flow/nozzle size but 1,2,hybrid were the only options on stealth. Good idea on the comments section though! Why didn't I think of that!?!

Old 12-30-2014, 07:23 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OldWoodsDiesel
Damn, that's some nice welding bill. On the same note as above, any interest in getting paid to make one?!?! ...pretty pretty please?
I would, but to be honest, it would be a while before I could get to it. I have trucks lined up to work on for people, pipes to build, e-fuel kits to build, trying to get my F150 I just traded for on the road, plus all the other little deals I have going buying, selling and trading parts and trucks.....geez, I'm tired just saying it all. I should be out there working now...

Old 12-30-2014, 09:05 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
I would, but to be honest, it would be a while before I could get to it. I have trucks lined up to work on for people, pipes to build, e-fuel kits to build, trying to get my F150 I just traded for on the road, plus all the other little deals I have going buying, selling and trading parts and trucks.....geez, I'm tired just saying it all. I should be out there working now...
Wha wha wha whhhhaaaaa

I feel that!!

Old 12-30-2014, 11:22 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by fordman67
Wha wha wha whhhhaaaaa I feel that!!
You guys BOTH make me tired just reading this LOL!!! ZZZzzzzzzz

Old 01-01-2015, 10:59 AM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
No worries, bill, I can completely sympathize with that! And I only have 1 truck I'm dealing with!

I did talk to Matt from Irate Diesel the other day and they may be able to do something custom for me. I'm just waiting on a price ;-)

In other news, I got the oil up to 200 degrees the other day and she still sounds good. I just want to drive her now already, but I'm still dealing with little things like doors, power windows and locks, the bed, etc.

Oh and I may still have a slight drip from the turbo oil inlet fitting at operating temp but a little more re-torquing and hopefully it's a nonissue. It's more of just a seep now than a leak. My oil pressure fuel pump switch seems to be leaking though! Not at the fitting, but through the diaphragm body. Annoying but not a huge deal I guess.

Oh and the icp still seems to be doing weird stuff on startup. About every other time I start it, it sets the 1211 code. Usually it's fine when I clear it but it almost stalled when I cleared it once yesterday. The CEL and code came right back and the PCM saved it from stalling. Cleared the code about 5 mins later though and all was fine. ill wait until it's on the road to see if I need to swap the other icp I have in.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:05 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by OldWoodsDiesel
My oil pressure fuel pump switch seems to be leaking though! Not at the fitting, but through the diaphragm body. Annoying but not a huge deal I guess.

That's exactly what mine did from Strictly Diesel. Cheap China Shi!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: An Engine Rebuild/Refresh Thread