6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

SYNC Frustrations....and Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:46 PM
hallp82
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBeest
That's exactly what I was about to suggest. USB cables are not all the same.

On an unrelated note, I'll share a hopefully helpful tip regarding an issue I had with my SYNC. If you ever try to call someone on your contacts list, using the voice prompts, and get the "Calling Dot", or "Call Dot on cell, at home, at work, (etc)? It's because you've got either emoji's or punctuation hiding in your contacts on your phone, and it's throwing SYNC a curveball.

I fought that for months before finally discovering the problem. I went through every one of my contacts removing any punctuation or smileys, then re-synced it and voila! All contacts were voice dial-able again!

HTH,

Why would you have Smileys attached to peoples contacts anyway?

You must have a tweenie daughter creating contacts for you or something...right?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Sync is definitely a woman. About once a month it goes bat**** insane on me in my Fusion. Sometimes it just won't detect any inputs (Bluetooth, USB, Line-in). Others it will have issues with the phone via AppLink.

Also have voice recognition loops that suck. Sometimes I'll give it a command, and it will read it back to me and ask for confirmation, which I give, and then it just loops through until I turn off the car and turn it back on.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I love my My Ford Touch. The voice recognition works great and I prefer to use it over manual entry when working with the Nav . That being said, I've not had any issues pairing my phone to the truck.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:33 PM
Mud_Man_Dude
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like all my SYNC functions and so far, no issues at all. An improvement to my old truck, in my opinion.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:11 AM
OutlawII
Junior User
Mine works well also,never have any trouble with it. One thing i've noticed is try not to yell or raise your voice when using voice dial just use a calm almost monotone voice.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sync is almost as frustrating as Sirius is to me...
Wife's 2012 Focus has it and every now and then I push the wrong button and the woman just jumps out of the dashboard and starts hollering "SAY A COMMAND!!!!"..
Then she starts HOLLERING ALL THE COMMANDS in her arsenal...
Evidently STFU is not in her vocabulary...

Where is the fuse for that effing feature?

BTW, the hands free bluetooth in that FOCUS is worthless over 40 MPH. It sounds like the driver is hanging their head out the window in the wind along with the microphone at 70 when it is actually silent inside the car.. Ford can't fix it - they have tried a couple of times.. Hint - it's not the iPhone which works perfectly in other bluetooth vehicles we have had..

Old 08-07-2014, 10:57 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Sync is almost as frustrating as Sirius is to me...
Wife's 2012 Focus has it and every now and then I push the wrong button and the woman just jumps out of the dashboard and starts hollering "SAY A COMMAND!!!!"..
Then she starts HOLLERING ALL THE COMMANDS in her arsenal...
Evidently STFU is not in her vocabulary...

Where is the fuse for that effing feature?

BTW, the hands free bluetooth in that FOCUS is worthless over 40 MPH. It sounds like the driver is hanging their head out the window in the wind along with the microphone at 70 when it is actually silent inside the car.. Ford can't fix it - they have tried a couple of times.. Hint - it's not the iPhone which works perfectly in other bluetooth vehicles we have had..
Hey, Big-Foot -

Does your wife's Focus have MyFord Touch or a standard radio?

The reason I ask is the MyFord Touch system will allow you to turn on an advanced interaction mode. When this is on, you do not get all the available command options:

Voice Control Command Categories | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

Jaclyn

Old 08-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey, Big-Foot -

Does your wife's Focus have MyFord Touch or a standard radio?

The reason I ask is the MyFord Touch system will allow you to turn on an advanced interaction mode. When this is on, you do not get all the available command options:

Voice Control Command Categories | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

Jaclyn
I had to go look it up in the owners manual to even tell you what it has... It does not have the myford touch screen so probably not.
How can I disable sync altogether? Or should I just put some duct tape over the button to keep it from being pushed like I did with the Sirius button on the dash?

Black duct tape is like the dark side of the force.. It's so strong, it's evil..

Old 08-07-2014, 04:01 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had to go look it up in the owners manual to even tell you what it has... It does not have the myford touch screen so probably not.
How can I disable sync altogether? Or should I just put some duct tape over the button to keep it from being pushed like I did with the Sirius button on the dash?

Black duct tape is like the dark side of the force.. It's so strong, it's evil..
Strongest force on Earth!.....

Old 08-08-2014, 10:49 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

SYNC cannot be completely disabled, Big-Foot. However, you can wipe out all paired devices by performing a master reset:

How to Perform a Master Reset | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Jaclyn

Old 08-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
SYNC cannot be completely disabled, Big-Foot. However, you can wipe out all paired devices by performing a master reset:

How to Perform a Master Reset | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Jaclyn
Just need to find the right fuse..... What else will I be taking out with it though?
Either that or remove / duct tape the button.. I don't like a car that nags me.. If my new truck does the same thing, I will be disabling it as well.

Help me get back to basics here....

Along with a few other things - Electronic Fuel Injection, air bags and ABS is all good. The rest I can pretty much do without..

Thanks!

Old 08-08-2014, 02:01 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Just need to find the right fuse..... What else will I be taking out with it though?
Either that or remove / duct tape the button.. I don't like a car that nags me.. If my new truck does the same thing, I will be disabling it as well.

Help me get back to basics here....

Along with a few other things - Electronic Fuel Injection, air bags and ABS is all good. The rest I can pretty much do without..

Thanks!
That information is out of my scope, Big-Foot, but your dealership service department will be able to give you the specifics on that.

Jaclyn

Old 08-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
That information is out of my scope, Big-Foot, but your dealership service department will be able to give you the specifics on that.

Jaclyn
I appreciate that you're doing your job, but it's funny that you mention taking it to my dealer.. I have done just exactly that and they looked at me like I was from outer space.. We fix things, not break them!
LOL. I don't want it broken - just disabled because outside of the hideous hands-free microphone quality, it is the one part of this vehicle that annoys the heck out of me - and I know I am not alone....

Give me the option of turning Sync OFF Ford...

Old 08-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Sterling6.7
Mountain Pass
If you cannot find the correct fuse, you may want to disconnect the battery and then turn the headlights on for about 10 minutes. This seems to drain all of the electronics and forces a reset. I did this on mine one day after I lost all radio function on the MFT. The phone, nav and climate controls worked just fine, just no radio. That was last September and it has worked just fine since. Doing this may also reset other things like transmission tuning, etc., but not really a big deal. Well worth it, if it works.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:56 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

I appreciate that you're doing your job, but it's funny that you mention taking it to my dealer.. I have done just exactly that and they looked at me like I was from outer space.. We fix things, not break them!
LOL. I don't want it broken - just disabled because outside of the hideous hands-free microphone quality, it is the one part of this vehicle that annoys the heck out of me - and I know I am not alone....

Give me the option of turning Sync OFF Ford...
Officially share this suggestion with us here, Big-Foot:

www.Social.Ford.com

Jaclyn

Quick Reply: SYNC Frustrations....and Knowledge