Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Proof chebbie guys have no taste.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:14 AM
jamesmonty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than the fact they drive chebbies that is. i was just getting gas about an hour ago when I saw it. A brand spanking new chebbie SS, with a truck cap on it. And it wasn't one of those nice ones either. Looked like crap.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:27 AM
ktmguy70
Elder User

as opposed to what? The Guys around here driving 4x4 expy's and f-150's sitting 3 inches off the ground and sounding liked souped up go karts with a stereo and neon?

Ron
99 EXPY XLT

Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Around here they buy whoever gives 'em the best deal. IMO anyone who would consider a new Chevy truck need a board upside the head. The styling looks like something from some enemy planet in a 1960s sci-fi.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:56 PM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by pfogle
Around here they buy whoever gives 'em the best deal. IMO anyone who would consider a new Chevy truck need a board upside the head. The styling looks like something from some enemy planet in a 1960s sci-fi.
Going with the sci-fi reference, anyone remember that simpsons epsiode where the aliens were being chased? "Oh no, he's got a board with a nail in it!"

Anyway, I agree that anyone that would consider buying a chebby needs to be smacked. I agree, they have NO taste. They're like buffalo around here, in the herd. You can almost hear them moan "GM 350...". They'll buy whatever GM puts out, get screwed every time, but keep going back. Oh well, I guess some people are just like that.

Old 07-11-2003, 02:02 PM
ktmguy70
Elder User

Hmm Alot of Ford People buy whatever Ford puts out though dont they? All and all its what People are comfy with, I am not brand loyal to anything, ill buy, ford,dodge gmc, whatever fits me at the time. i WANTED a suburban, but couldnt swing it, and a Tahoe was to small so i settled with an expedition, which part of me loves and part of me hates. So until something better comes along, whether it be made by nissan or mercedes or Dodge, Then ill stick with this.. But i have seen too many pieces of crap by different manufacturers to think one is better than the other.

Ron
99 Expedition XLT

Old 07-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts

Hey Guys -

Don't see any truck "tech" talk happening here.

Old 07-11-2003, 03:26 PM
ktmguy70
Elder User

Sorry, ummmmmm I think the rubber molding on My expy isnt up to par with the door molding on the old TAHOE here at work.
Also, I,m pretty sure that the interior light bulbs take about 1/4 less turn when being installed, so I consider that a large time saver over my friends with Chevy. And I know that for some reason, my expy cant pull 11,000 pounds like my neighbors Dodge CTD, but it should, after all its a Ford!

Ron
99 XLT EXpedition

Old 07-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts

Much, much better.

Old 07-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Food For Thought Fellar's !

When someone on here says something derogatory about a another make or a person that drives another make, we have been Bombarded with people that register with FTE to do nothing but come in here and cause problems.
Especially when it is an emotional lambast.

Then the Moderators & Administration have to step in to put some fires out.

How about we try to keep every post TECHNICAL in nature & leave the insulting for the parking lot or school yard.

Please take some time and think about what you are posting.

Thanks

Yours In Ford's

Old 07-13-2003, 12:08 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Years ago I wintered over on a ranch doing all the wrenching and welding. I stayed in the bunkhouse with 2 other guys about my age. One was the cowboy and a pretty mellow, understated guy and the other was the farmer and ran his yap all the time. We had lunch everyday at the big house with the owner and his family. One day at lunch farmer is running his face as usual and owner turns to cowboy and says"you are awful quiet today" to which cowboy replies "nobody knows how stupid you are until you open your mouth and prove it" Farmer said no more at that meal.
My point is sometimes your opinions do show just how ignorant you are.