Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Postmaster

Apocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant future
llittle_llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlkEX View Post
What is the cost? If you get all these ppl in on the deal? I might be in if I know what am spending? Zip 77450
Price updated in first post.
WANT TO BUY: 2003-2005 Excursion 4x4 6.0 Limited or EB in perfect condition. Less than 75k miles, rear captains seats and already bulletproofed. Prefer red, but CANNOT be white. Looking to spend less than 5K email me at BWAHAHAHAROTFLMAO@yahoo.com
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Senior User

Pele is starting off with a positive reputation.
How do these Iron Cross running boards attach? Do they go to a Frame/Body mount or do they use the same mounts as the stock units?

Are they stronger than stock?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Postmaster

Apocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant future
llittle_llama
Bumping for pricing additions to the first post
WANT TO BUY: 2003-2005 Excursion 4x4 6.0 Limited or EB in perfect condition. Less than 75k miles, rear captains seats and already bulletproofed. Prefer red, but CANNOT be white. Looking to spend less than 5K email me at BWAHAHAHAROTFLMAO@yahoo.com
Old 07-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Postmaster

llittle_llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele View Post
How do these Iron Cross running boards attach? Do they go to a Frame/Body mount or do they use the same mounts as the stock units?
http://www.carid.com/images/iron-cro...structions.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele View Post
Are they stronger than stock?
Good Lord yes, just look at them... there is no way these are going anywhere. I would go out on a limb and say you might even be able to use them as a jacking point in an emergency... anyone agree? I think the main issue would be the mounting hardware more than anything though. As long as you are running good nuts and bolts and everything is reinforced well they should hold damn near anything. If I am incorrect though please tell me as ignorance is dangerous.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Leadfoot

Krazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud of
Krazee Matt
And here I am broke in the play money department after buying parts for the 496 BBC I'm building for the Chevelle... ugh. Mark, I feel that you should increase your order number to a quantity of 2 Those are some sweet looking steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Good Lord yes, just look at them... there is no way these are going anywhere. I would go out on a limb and say you might even be able to use them as a jacking point in an emergency... anyone agree? I think the main issue would be the mounting hardware more than anything though. As long as you are running good nuts and bolts and everything is reinforced well they should hold damn near anything. If I am incorrect though please tell me as ignorance is dangerous.
Unless my maths are wrong, jacking up an 8300lbs truck on running boards that are held on with five measily 5/16 bolts regardless of Grade would prove to be a really, REALLY bad idea. Not to mention they install in the stock body panel and pinchweld, which I doubt would be beefy enough to take the stress and weight and leverage exerted.
Rock sliders (aftermarket) on Jeeps and such can be used as a jack point, but they are designed to take the vehicles weight slamming down on them against a rock, and not just the weight of some fatty getting into their rig. My rock sliders mounted using 10 Gr-8 11/16 bolts on the main feet, and 5 Gr-8 9/16 bolts down the pinchseam. They also had a support bar that ran tight against the rocker panel and under the body to dispersed the weight and impact forces.
FTEMaB #1
Stay Puft: 2001 Excursion 7.3 Lmtd 4x4 / 6637 intake / 4" turbo back, 5" tips / RR FRx, HPX, billet wheel, triple gauge setup / DP F5 / CT VB code, level, Bilsteins / 315/75/16's
Cecelia: 1971 Chevelle / built 357 SBC / built TH400 / 3k Holeshot / 12-bolt, 3.73's, Detroit
Old 07-31-2014, 04:37 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt View Post
Mark, I feel that you should increase your order number to a quantity of 2 Those are some sweet looking steps.

Okay, done you get the military discount.
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 07-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Leadfoot

Krazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud ofKrazee Matt has much to be proud of
Krazee Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Okay, done you get the military discount.
Outstanding, thanks good buddy
FTEMaB #1
Stay Puft: 2001 Excursion 7.3 Lmtd 4x4 / 6637 intake / 4" turbo back, 5" tips / RR FRx, HPX, billet wheel, triple gauge setup / DP F5 / CT VB code, level, Bilsteins / 315/75/16's
Cecelia: 1971 Chevelle / built 357 SBC / built TH400 / 3k Holeshot / 12-bolt, 3.73's, Detroit
Old 07-31-2014, 11:13 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
What's the number? Yes, I am buying Krazee Matt's also. He is in Houston area.

Click the image to open in full size.
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

(Rudolph)
Old 08-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Postmaster

llittle_llama
Quote:
Unless my maths are wrong, jacking up an 8300lbs truck on running boards that are held on with five measily 5/16 bolts regardless of Grade would prove to be a really, REALLY bad idea. Not to mention they install in the stock body panel and pinchweld, which I doubt would be beefy enough to take the stress and weight and leverage exerted.
Rock sliders (aftermarket) on Jeeps and such can be used as a jack point, but they are designed to take the vehicles weight slamming down on them against a rock, and not just the weight of some fatty getting into their rig. My rock sliders mounted using 10 Gr-8 11/16 bolts on the main feet, and 5 Gr-8 9/16 bolts down the pinchseam. They also had a support bar that ran tight against the rocker panel and under the body to dispersed the weight and impact forces.
I was thinking that these used grade 8 bolts as well and for some reason was thinking that they bolted to the frame, not the pinch welds. I'm sure you could jack from them.... once

So are we up to 30 now? Medcac is buying mine and like 15 others now so what are we up to?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Senior User

jazz77 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Count me in. I'm assuming I would be able to use my Paypal account?

Ship to 58538
Old 08-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Postmaster

llittle_llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz77 View Post
Count me in. I'm assuming I would be able to use my Paypal account?
Yes they do
Old 08-01-2014, 06:42 AM
FTEFCM 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
So are we up to 30 now? Medcac is buying mine and like 15 others now so what are we up to?
^^^ No Smilies ^^^^^

Uh no, I am paying for two (2) only.

Looks like nine total?
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

(Rudolph)
Old 08-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Senior User

Pele is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
Quote:
After looking at the instructions above, I agree.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Senior User

tsmall07 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Definitely not a jack point, but very cool. Not the right time for me right now, however.
1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half (sold)
1982 Honda CB750 (for sale)
Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Postmaster

llittle_llama
Mecdac, you are seriously in for 2. Just making sure.

EDIT: Just re-read your previous post again (and paid it actual attention) so I got you down for 2 now What's the zip for the set bound for Houston?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 AM