Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Posting Guru

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
llittle_llama
Bumping this again
Hellwig rear sway bar
18" F-350 wheels
Old 08-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Hand of the King

miko6810 has a good reputation on FTE.miko6810 has a good reputation on FTE.miko6810 has a good reputation on FTE.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:18 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
^^^^ Randy ! ^^^^

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 08-18-2014, 05:01 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Matt, your tracking number has been issued.

On the rail

(Rudolph)
Old 08-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Posting Guru

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
llittle_llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Matt, your tracking number has been issued.

On the rail
I'd bump that
Hellwig rear sway bar
18" F-350 wheels
Old 08-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Senior User

Mattb60 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just got the email that mine have shipped
Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Senior User

jazz77 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
got an email today. Mine should be in this Thursday. WOOT
Old 08-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Elder User

Jesser02EX has a good reputation on FTE.Jesser02EX has a good reputation on FTE.Jesser02EX has a good reputation on FTE.
So this deal is still open for the next 11 days? Do you order thorugh the included link and input a code or do we go through you?
2002 Excursion Limited 4x4 w/ 7.3L; 3" lift, '04 18" Factory Rims; Ranch Hand front bumper, custom roof basket; Ford AIS; 4" Diamond Eye turbo back; bellowed; 38R; dual Autometer EGT; AIH delete; EBPV Delete; FRx, CAT ELC; Coolant Filter
Oklahoma Chapter FTE
Old 08-20-2014, 02:02 PM
FTEFCM 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesser02EX View Post
So this deal is still open for the next 11 days? Do you order thorugh the included link and input a code or do we go through you?
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Iron Cross Running Boards group buy thread

Call:

Wolff Traversiere
Sales Department
Customer Experience Center
Phone: 800-505-3274 Ext Ext. 8941
Email: wolff.tr@carid.com

Use the name Jonathon Kitchens and Ford Truck Enthusiasts

(Rudolph)
Old 08-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Leadfoot

Krazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to all
Krazee Matt
Should have them in hand by 1900 this evening. Can't. Wait.

Got a hook up through my school, getting them stripped and powdercoated to match the tan trim for free. Along with some other goodies that I'm going to throw in them, Mark - no spoilers since you know already.
FTEMaB #1
Stay Puft: 2001 Excursion 7.3 Lmtd 4x4 / 6637 intake / 4" turbo back, 5" tips / RR FRx, HPX, billet wheel, triple gauge setup / DP F5 / CT VB code, level, Bilsteins / 315/75/16's
Cecelia: 1971 Chevelle / built 357 SBC / built TH400 / 3k Holeshot / 12-bolt, 3.73's, Detroit
Old 08-20-2014, 05:51 PM
FTEFCM 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt View Post
Should have them in hand by 1900 this evening. Can't. Wait.

Got a hook up through my school, getting them stripped and powdercoated to match the tan trim for free. Along with some other goodies that I'm going to throw in them, Mark - no spoilers since you know already.
Mine are not due in until tomorrow EOD.

Your secret is safe, Matt.

(Rudolph)
Old 08-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Leadfoot

Krazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to all
Krazee Matt
Steps arrived all of 10 minutes ago. Everyone should be expecting two boxes, one small with all the hardware and one giant 7.5' long behemoth with the steps. The steps are very well packaged with styrofoam wrap, cardboard sheeting, and plastic wrap (the devil's work) and tape. The box was a bit beaten up but zero damage to the goodies inside.

The steps...

Badging is done on one end of each step, located so once installed they will both be either on the front or back. The steps are identical, so it just depends which end you want the badge to be once installed. You can also see the textured powdercoating.

Close up of the step plate...

And the backside. It's held on with two carriage bolts, so it's easily removable should one wish to paint, etc.

Personally I was surprised to find out they were hollow, really just a bent and formed sheet of metal. I propped it up on some bricks on either end and stood dead center and they barely deflected, so they are indeed strong. I plan on welding a plate to the backside for some extra strength prior to the color change, but we'll see what happens.

The contents of the small box...

These brackets are very beefy. Hefty 3/16 and also powdercoated...

All in all, I am quite pleased with them and stoked to get them on the truck.

Mark, thank you very much again. You blew me away when you did this for me... I owe you big my friend.
FTEMaB #1
Stay Puft: 2001 Excursion 7.3 Lmtd 4x4 / 6637 intake / 4" turbo back, 5" tips / RR FRx, HPX, billet wheel, triple gauge setup / DP F5 / CT VB code, level, Bilsteins / 315/75/16's
Cecelia: 1971 Chevelle / built 357 SBC / built TH400 / 3k Holeshot / 12-bolt, 3.73's, Detroit
Old 08-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Elder User

USCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt View Post
Steps arrived all of 10 minutes ago. Everyone should be expecting two boxes, one small with all the hardware and one giant 7.5' long behemoth with the steps.

Personally I was surprised to find out they were hollow, really just a bent and formed sheet of metal. I propped it up on some bricks on either end and stood dead center and they barely deflected, so they are indeed strong. I plan on welding a plate to the backside for some extra strength prior to the color change, but we'll see what happens.

All in all, I am quite pleased with them and stoked to get them on the truck.

Mark, thank you very much again. You blew me away when you did this for me... I owe you big my friend.
They look great! I too am surprised that they are open like that, I can just see salt, mud and other stuff packing into there and rust catching hold... Kind of wish I had the cash for these, oh well, maybe next group buy. Enjoy your purchase everyone!
David M. - 4” BDS lift & dual steering stabilizers - 35” tires on 18” wheels - HNCUSA.Com "MKS" bumper w/ 12k Winch - Mag-Hytec diff covers & trans pan - aFe CAI & Blade Runner intake horn - MBRP 4” exhaust - Bulletproof Diesel EGR & oil cooler by pass w/ HD cooler & cold weather package - River City Diesel coolant filtration kit - Mishimoto turbo pipes - Driven Diesel regulated fuel return - ARP head studs - Atlas 40 FICM Program -
Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Posting Guru

llittle_llama
I'm really surprised they're hollow too, but they still look plenty stronger than stock! I can't wait to order mine
Hellwig rear sway bar
18" F-350 wheels
Old 08-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Leadfoot

Krazee Matt
Well this definitely lays to rest the possibility of using them as rock sliders or emergency jacking points.

I don't think the retention of water will be as much an issue as mud will be, but personally I would still drill a few drainage holes on the bottom to help out. There are openings on the front and rear where the walls are bent around, so water and such has a place to go. Seeing as how I play offroad every now and then, I'm thinking the plan to weld a plate on the backside is a necessity rather than a preference. Probably help strengthen them up a bit in case they get smacked around a bit too.

Time to start in on the little upgrades I had in mind
FTEMaB #1
Old 08-20-2014, 07:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs