Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Senior User

CollinsCD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Heated Transmission Fluid Flush

My 2010 SuperDuty has the TorqShift 5R110W trans that has the internal temp regulator that limits the external flow to the cooler until the fluid reaches ~160° so normal flush machines won't work. Ford states that you need the heated fluid flush machine in order to remove all the old fluid. I have been calling dealers in my area and no one has one of these heated trans flushers. Does anyone know of any area shops who do the heated fluid flushes?

1979 F-350 4x4
1979 F-250 Utility
2010 F-250 Super Duty 5.4
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
never even heard of such a thing~~~
that's crazy~~~
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 07-31-2014, 06:06 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr32560 View Post
never even heard of such a thing~~~
that's crazy~~~
Do some research and you will see that the Super Duty transmissions have thermostats so normal flush machines won't remove all the old fluid.

1979 F-350 4x4
1979 F-250 Utility
Old 07-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
He's right Jr. Craig, I just drop the pan and replace what I took out..... Just do it every 30,000 miles instead of once every 100,000. Keeps it nice an clean. Have you checked out the Super Duty forum? Lots are doing it this way.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 07-31-2014, 05:31 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
I talked to my trans guy, he stated that the trans is at operating temp when the transfer start, so you are pulling the trans fluid out it is at operating temp. He also stated that he heats the new oil that goes back in. Maybe not the designed method, but it works.

And as Bud stated, you still have to drop the pan and change the filter.
Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 08-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Actually, I DON'T drop the pan...it has a drain plug. The filter is located up under the front bumper - Passenger side. Yes, there is a filter inside the tranny pan but it so coarse that it only filters out things like boulders-refrigerators etc.

Hi Charlie...how's things going?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
And THIS is supposed to be a "BETTER IDEA" ???

~Somebody get a rope...
Old 08-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Posting Legend

I'm sorry they left out the drain plug for the converter..... one of Ford's "better" ideas. Someone thought that all the dealers would spring for that novel fluid heater!! Dealers are cheaper than the manufacturers!

Old 08-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
Actually, I DON'T drop the pan...it has a drain plug. The filter is located up under the front bumper - Passenger side. Yes, there is a filter inside the tranny pan but it so coarse that it only filters out things like boulders-refrigerators etc.

Hi Charlie...how's things going?
On my 2010 Super Duty, Ford has the new improved filter in the pan and no longer has the external toilet paper filter. I bought the new filter from Ford and will drop the pan.

1979 F-350 4x4
1979 F-250 Utility
Old 08-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
He's right Jr. Craig, I just drop the pan and replace what I took out..... Just do it every 30,000 miles instead of once every 100,000. Keeps it nice an clean. Have you checked out the Super Duty forum? Lots are doing it this way.
Yep, that is what I will do.

Thanks!

1979 F-350 4x4
1979 F-250 Utility
Old 08-06-2014, 06:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter