Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Elder User

coreyallan01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
a few years ago we had a 4 some steeling copper out of an older Budweiser yeast factors that was closed down.
they got the bright idea to take the large copper buss bars off the transformer.
the local cops went investigating a report of an explosion at the plant and found what was left of the 4 guys.

seems they climbed up on top of the 36KV transformer and grabbed the buss bars not knowing the transformer was still live.

i guess they figured since the wires were not connect between the building and the buss bars the underground wires from the high tension tower to the transformer were not connected either.
Man scary! I think we ought to transform this into how to scare the tar outta the would be perp....
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Post Fiend

oldbird1965 is a name known to alloldbird1965 is a name known to alloldbird1965 is a name known to alloldbird1965 is a name known to alloldbird1965 is a name known to alloldbird1965 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spktyr View Post
If you install such a device and the person dies, you are looking at at least a manslaughter charge with *no* defense - especially since you have posted the above here, which in this tech enlightened time would be used against you at your trial as evidence of premeditation.
I say, careful guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Mare 97 dually cc,modified s366 turbo,stage II's,IC,studs,springs,rods,JW auto,4:10 LS,air bags,SD uvch,efuel,FS2500 bypass oil filter,HVHF IDM,IH WP,6.0 trans cooler & rad fan,MBRP 4",SD tensioner,AFE air filter,220 amp alt,38 gal rear tank & 33 gal aux bed tank,aux oil cooler,soundproofed,3 different TS chips,ac cold mod,XS batteries,riffraff hpop reservoir,aluminum radiator,HoneyBadgerJr hpop
Old 07-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Posting Guru

Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.
Yep, gotta be careful what you put on the internetssss.

Its a good thing I'm broke, have nothing worth stealing, and don't plan on hurting anyone or else I bet the lawyer would just show up with an FTE file in hand. LOL

Funny story tho Tom. The first one.
The second one is scary, but I've seen it happen. We had some people die while trying to steal copper wires from a burnt down barn.

Scrap yards around here require paperwork of where you got some of the more precious metals.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:02 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
same here Alex. after the rash of thefts here over the past few years, you now have to give the scrap yard a valid drivers license.
this has cut way down on thefts, because the dirtbags can not get rid of their loot.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:23 PM
New User

Mr. Electrician is starting off with a positive reputation.
All I have to do. To sell my scrap copper is show my electrical licenses . But any body that wants to sell copper, all you got to do here is go to your local police station and feel out a form and you get a copper license. Good friend of mine runs a scrap yard and he tells me he makes copy's of the copper card and I'd and calls the law when he thinks they steeling and the law said if they got a copper card they ok. .
He calls me up often and sells me full rolls of wire for half the cost and he is still making money.
Like he said, if he don't buy it they just go somewhere else.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Elder User

Royson12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was calmed down about the whole idea? And, just for the record, I never was meaning to kill. Just teach acrobatics, and make them sound the audible alarm. LOL Now if I caught them red handed, it would be hard not to just beat the **** out of them!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Elder User

Spktyr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royson12 View Post
I was calmed down about the whole idea? And, just for the record, I never was meaning to kill. Just teach acrobatics, and make them sound the audible alarm. LOL Now if I caught them red handed, it would be hard not to just beat the **** out of them!
Funny thing is that you can do far worse things to them if you are there in person than you can with a device or trap left unattended. Either way, you don't even have to intend to kill - just the intent to do something that a reasonable person would know could cause significant injury (not just death, but injury!) means your device would be illegal.

I'd suggest a locking bed cap with solid panels instead of glass, plus deeply tinted windows so people can't see inside.

1995 F-350 XLT 4x4: PowerStroke 7.3, E4OD, Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW
Old 08-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Elder User

Royson12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spktyr View Post
Funny thing is that you can do far worse things to them if you are there in person than you can with a device or trap left unattended. Either way, you don't even have to intend to kill - just the intent to do something that a reasonable person would know could cause significant injury (not just death, but injury!) means your device would be illegal.

I'd suggest a locking bed cap with solid panels instead of glass, plus deeply tinted windows so people can't see inside.
Well, actually, I am in the process of putting together a solid 7.3 over the road work truck. I has flat welding bed locking boxes ect. I allready pull a 16' enclosed trailer. Just sucks you have to go to such lengths these days to keep you stuff safe.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Freshman User

Bob Cat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royson12 View Post
Just sucks you have to go to such lengths these days to keep you stuff safe.
Unfortunately that's the world we live in today. Several years ago I had a person that worked for me for one day.......

By the next morning my truck had been stripped of everything in it. I couldn't prove it and the cop's did nothing.

I had to replace my entire lively hood of tools.

That stings.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:04 AM