auto experts c4/6-aod questions - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case

auto experts c4/6-aod questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2014, 04:28 AM
New User

Wodahs is starting off with a positive reputation.
auto experts c4/6-aod questions

my question is directed to the auto experts in the house

my understanding is the AOD is basically a retooled C-4 is this correct or just a rough statement

if it is a retooled c4 , if it can be done , how much modification or what needs machining needs to be done to fit aod guts to a c6 main body housing

the reason is I have to modify some part of aod at some stage as its to go behind a 400 and that has a big block bell housing bolt pattern and I have the c6 to suit already , but to modify the aod to suit means cutting off the bell and buying a jw conversion bell
but the main bodys of the aod are as I stated above are meant to be a retooled c4 and look very simular to the c6 in the body
Old 07-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Postmaster

stuart1 has a good reputation on FTE.stuart1 has a good reputation on FTE.stuart1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nope.

Not even close.

About the only similarity is Ford.

An AOD can be made to fit as you said by removing the bell housing.

AOD uses a planetary and a few clutches similar to an FMX.

Pan bolts will interchange.