Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Not Loyal???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:19 AM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, brother! I'm not loyal to a car dealer of all things! It is my money and I will spend it how I please. If they want some of it then they can earn it with the right product and service or go out of business for all I care. Someone else will step up and do better if they don't.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:23 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ Smith
...I wonder how Ford feels about their customers being told that?
Hi KJ Smith,

I want to get this documented in our system for the appropriate folks to see. To get things moving, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealership info, and the specifics of what you'd like me to include. I'll do the rest.

Crystal

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Right after I get it repaired....

Old 07-29-2014, 05:35 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Right after I get it repaired....
Soooooo, are you actually having it fixed at the dealer that calls your loyalty into question? I wouldn't trade them a wooden nickle unless i was walking and bereft.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 AM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by tseekins
Soooooo, are you actually having it fixed at the dealer that calls your loyalty into question? I wouldn't trade them a wooden nickle unless i was walking and bereft.
Every dealership/workplace has a few aholes.

This Dealer has a good shop and is the most convenient for me.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Sounds to me like the service writer was trying to offer his opinion of how Ford would consider the situation. But that's just an opinion, and worth nothing more than that. Although, to be fair, if I was denied assistance because of a lack of dealer service history I would probably show them what loyalty really means when I traded my Ford for a new Silverado.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:57 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
I'd drive 100 miles to the worst Ford dealer before I walked across the street to the GM dealer. All dealers can repair all makes and models and they all have the computer software for diagnosis.

I did business with the same local dealer for over 20 years. Their service manager and I had a poor relationship anyway and he finally blew off the lot. I went tot he dealer the next town over and bought two new Ford in two years.

The local service manager is now long gone and I will return to see if the climate has changed. My current dealer is fantastic but not as convenient.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:39 AM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
I thought about it yesterday and decided to try another dealer.

I used them once an my diesel when it was having issues.

Going to get an appointment today.

BTW, do you pay "shop charges" on the works package?

Somehow they got it up to $47.29 - $10.00 rebate.

I don't think you pay shop charges on warranty do you?

Old 07-31-2014, 05:15 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
After getting over the dread of taking it in, deciding where to take it, dang thing started working correctly.

Its done that before. Last about a week.

Then I start the whole process over.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:15 PM
blueovelboy
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if the dealer can get you to pay shop charges they will but I always say I am not paying that for something they put in the paper for $29,95 they have to honor the add price unless its in small print on the add! but I have used the same dealer for over 15 years and get them to throw in stuff for my loyalty!

Old 07-31-2014, 06:36 PM
conger
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought about it yesterday and decided to try another dealer.

I used them once an my diesel when it was having issues.

Going to get an appointment today.

BTW, do you pay "shop charges" on the works package?

Somehow they got it up to $47.29 - $10.00 rebate.

I don't think you pay shop charges on warranty do you?
That's too bad the attitude of one employee caused this. When I get my truck serviced at either one of two dealers I use, they make me feel welcome and that my business is important to them. I usually leave feeling good about the service.
Since your going to a different dealer, you should talk to the service manager and make him know why they won't have your business any longer.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:38 PM
phoskins
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ecoboost12
The only people you need to be loyal to is yourself and you fellow FORD TRUCK OWNERS and this Forum how many of us have gotten a E.S.P plan to cover all of the Technology that these trucks have, the biggest Quest is finding a Honest dealer to service the repairs if needed at least we have a better chance of a Quality made vehicle there are some flaws but thats what the game is all about its how well you play it that counts.
I can't agree more! They should thank you for your business EVERY TIME you bring your vehicle to them, period! I'm glad I can't afford a new vehicle, & stealerships are one reason why!

Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 335 Likes on 203 Posts
I agree. Sounds like he's not talking about the fact that you own Fords, rather the fact that you rarely come to them for service and maintenance. Since they have no records of service on your vehicles, it would be more likely that Ford would balk on fixing your truck.

I think that's all he meant. However, he could have phrased it a little differently.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:39 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was telling him my '13 Platinum steering wheel radio controls were acting up... changing function ect: volume control changes station ect.

Truck has been in service 18 months.... but has 53K miles.

He said "Ford would do nothing for me". They would look up the records and see no maintenance and determine I was not a loyal customer.

He said the dealership would do the same.... I asked him about the sales department.... he avoided that.

I have an ESP that will cover it minus the $100. deductible.....
I see what's going on.

Dealers have allocated funds from Ford to assist customers that are out of warranty for goodwill purposes. However, these funds are usually very limited, are allocated once a year at the beginning of the year, and dealers often save them for those who are "loyal customers", meaning customers who regularly have their vehicle maintained at the dealership (oil changes, filter changes, etc).

Up until a few years ago the regional Ford reps had additional funds they could throw at dealers for special circumstances like yours. Those funds are gone.

So what you heard from the service adviser was correct. Ford won't do anything because it's up to the regional Ford rep, who has no funds to allocate to the dealer to cover the repair cost. The dealer won't use their funds for non-loyal customers because the funding is limited and they would run out well before the end of the year, and the dealer didn't build the truck in the first place so why should they foot the bill for repairs outside of the warranty. Plus since you don't have any maintenance work done at the dealer there is no way for them to recoup the cost in the future.

You also have the ESP so you're still covered anyway.

Hope this helps shed some light on what goes on at the dealership.