Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2014, 03:02 PM
Elder User

Björn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
http://www.facebook.com/bjorn.glaser
OT tattoo sleeve

Are there people that have a picture of a ford f100 with kind of skyline on the back
I wanne make a sleeve like this one

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.bjorn-site.nl
Old 07-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
You have a 56, correct? I know Ross has some nice pictures with some mountain views, but he has an older truck.

I'm not a big fan of tattoo's, but that is some high quality work on that one. The guy that did that one has some serious skill. Do you have a tattoo artist that skilled available? You will need to show us your final product when you get yours done.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hmmm.... That one looks like the Flatiron Building in NYC. Nicely done.

Ben in Austin
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2014, 05:57 AM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
An artist skilled enough to do that quality work ought to be able to combine the truck with any background of your preference.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 07-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
JMHO, beautiful work but oh so low camp. What would that tat cost vs what would the same money invested be worth in 50 years. How many job advancements would it keep the wearer from?
2007 F150 SC. Driven once in a whle.
If there’s one thing that the government is highly skilled at, it is creating excessive amounts of bureaucracy and extra layers of red tape for people to wade through.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:27 AM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Here's an alternative:
Cheap Uv Protection Arm Sleeve - Best Motorcycle Ski Sun Uv Resistant Arm Sleeve Quick Online with $0.84/Pair | DHgate

Actually serve some purpose (sunscreen). Take them off when you aren't posing, and really hard to tell they aren't real. Cheapo too. There are folks who sell custom to order, too.

OT -- check out Turlington's tattoo remover Saturday Night Live skit on Youtube, it's a classic!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
OP did say he wanted to make a sleeve right from the outset, so this is exactly what I thought he was planning, just asking about the art. Lets even us pain wimps be bad boys.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Ok, I get it now. Perhaps if I had something similar, plain of course, when I was younger, my left arm would not be covered with scars from surgery.
Wayne, I am bad as I need to be without a tat. I didn't know any difference that perhaps a full arm tat was called a sleeve.
2007 F150 SC. Driven once in a whle.
If there’s one thing that the government is highly skilled at, it is creating excessive amounts of bureaucracy and extra layers of red tape for people to wade through.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:33 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
"Sleeves" with respect to tattoos are usually full-length arm tattoos. Not the Lycra. I think the OP is looking to get some ink?
Old 07-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Elder User

Björn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
http://www.facebook.com/bjorn.glaser
albuq your are right I wanne get some inkt

http://www.bjorn-site.nl
Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
We haven't helped much with pictures, but we have discovered that Ray is to bad for tats.

I would think to get what you want you would need to find the skyline you would like and an image of an F100 you like and have the tattoo artist put them all together. I don't know how the process works, but I would think he would draw his plans out on paper for you to approve before sticking you.

I would assume a sleeve like that would take quite a few sessions to complete. Maybe you need to start a build thread on this process.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
I would think, as long as there was a '48-'56 F1/F100 in it, it would be On Topic. Wouldn't it?

What kind of skyline? City or mountains? American or European? Which city/mountains?

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 07-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Junior User

filthy6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would suggest a skyline full of BOOBS then send us a pic to see how it turned out.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:37 AM
Senior User

emay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytasch View Post
How many job advancements would it keep the wearer from?
None - quit livin with the eyes wide shut. Most that have the expendable cash for sleeved work chose to do this to tell their life story, document trials and tribulations, and pay respects. I'm sleeved shoulder to wrist on both arms and it hasn't slowed anything in my career.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:03 AM
Junior User

Byooty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emay View Post
I'm sleeved shoulder to wrist on both arms and it hasn't slowed anything in my career.
Not being disrespectful I couldnt care less one way or the other if you want tatts, but how would you know if it held you back career wise?

You would need a twin in the same job going down the same career path that was unsleeved to know?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:03 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks