Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2014, 03:40 PM
New User

Mr. Mohon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerfritz View Post
overleaf springs work better.
Why are these better than air bags?
Old 07-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Posting Guru

MC5C has a very good reputation on FTE.MC5C has a very good reputation on FTE.MC5C has a very good reputation on FTE.
I read somewhere people were putting early spring packs on late trucks (or maybe it was late spring packs on early trucks) so I thought that you could look into that. I think Ford actually has about a dozen different springs for different option packages and truck weights. On the other hand, going with an air spring or an over-load spring would retain the smoother ride the newer trucks are supposed to have unloaded.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:23 PM
SPONSOR

Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
Torque Lift Stable Loads - yep, they work, but IMO put undue bending stress on a single point on the rear springs, plus overworking the overloads instead of spreading the spring load
I’ve seen this concern arise on a few occasions. Torklift has extensive testing that has been performed both in computer-aided simulations in SolidWorks and physical testing on the factory springs. That coupled with thousands of happy StableLoad users in the field and never a single event of overload or spring issues ever having occurred.

To be certain our confidence in the StableLoad is being presented at the highest level, we also offer a lifetime guarantee not only to cover the StableLoad product itself, but also cover the factory leafsprings and the overload. We don't know a better way to instill confidence in our products than to offer this exclusive lifetime guarantee on both the Stableload and the springs.

It may be surprising to some that the overloads are actually factory engineered and designed to handle what we commonly put our trucks through in terms of towing or hauling larger payloads. The lower quick-disconnect StableLoads are effective in providing support in the gap between the lower overload and springpack without adding additional stress. It essentially pre-activates the factory suspension to reduce sway, prevent sag, and provide much better ride quality.

Airbags and StableLoads work great in conjunction – however in many cases I’ve seen, those who have tried the StableLoads first did not need to move forward with installing airbags. Take a look at this thread here: LINK

Torklift Sheryl

Torklift International – Towing, Suspension, Tie Downs, Steps
Call me direct: 1-800-246-8132
Visit our Blog: http://www.torklift.com/blog
Old 07-25-2014, 09:07 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Stableloads may work in this case to engage the spring pack early and keep it from bouncing around.

Easy install and easy to engage/disengage when you want.

It is a product of trying to cater to the wrong crowd. So those that load the truck up as intended pay the price.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 PM
New User

Mr. Mohon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for all of your guys help with this situation. The airbags arrived today and they have a 60 day money back guarantee so I think I am going to give them a try. The set that I got replaces the jounce bumper but has jounce bumpers inside the airbags. This allows me to run them with no air for a stock ride and add air when I have a load. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Junior User

DaveNTx is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2013 F250 6.2 4x4 CCSB shows 2804 lbs on its loading info sticker - it's surprising how much the numbers vary with the different configurations.

I installed the Airlift Ultimate air springs (internal jounce) on mine. I became intimately familiar with every square inch of the underside of the truck and it took a while to get all the air lines & connections installed (but, I also installed an onboard compressor so, that added complexity).

Any way, the ability to vary the support has been really useful when towing our heavy travel trailer. I haven't had any problems while towing; the F250 handles it well.
Air Lift 5000 Ultimate springs
Bak Flip F1
Puma 30KFB TT
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM