Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Electrical Systems/Wiring
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Senior User

abeagle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Battery tray tie-down

Simple question from a simple mind. Any hazards on using a nylon bungee cord as a tie-down of the battery until I get a chance to get a true tie-down bracket to fit the battery tray on an old cab floor mounted battery on a 55 F100? It has never had a tie-down bracket to my knowledge. I don't think it will matter, but I am often wrong when I don't consider things as I should.

The old stock truck bounces a lot on original suspension and bias tires. Had to rework the ground cable recently with a break and wondered if the break could be from bouncing around. Any hazards using the nylon bungee? Also, has anyone bought a cheap tie-down bracket and where that will fit the 55?

Don't want to make an addition that might cause more problems than it helps. Been there and done that trying to do something simple and created problems.

Sorry about a simple minded question.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
As the bungee is NOT metal it should be an OK temp repair. Be careful of acid burning the cord tho.... douse it with baking soda and insure it is only a temporary repair.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 07-24-2014, 05:03 PM