Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 03:31 PM
New User

300Jim is starting off with a positive reputation.
How to remove a drop in liner

I have a '92 f150 long bed. It had a Ford factory drop in liner when I bought it. It also has a GemTop cap. There is a small water drip at each front corner after I wash the truck but I couldn't see any after yesterday's rain. I don't know if water has gotten in over the years.

After reading several threads on this forum about rust forming under drop in beds, I thought I should have a look under the liner and check for rust.

My question is how to remove the liner to do this. The liner looks like it is held in at the end of the sides next to the tailgate. I'm reluctant to pry on this old liner. Also I don't know if the Cap has to come off as well. What I'd like to do is slide the liner back far enough to check for rust at the front of the bed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Posting Guru

crop harvester has a good reputation on FTE.crop harvester has a good reputation on FTE.
I always lift up the bottom, in the center & that disengages the sides unless theres some fasteners or something to remove.
01 F350 PSD LARIAT CC SB SRW 4X4 4R100 218K 373 GEARS,265/75R16 TOYO OPEN COUNTRY,HUTCH&HARPOON,PREPUMP FUEL FILTER,4" EXHAUST,AIS, COOLANT FILTER,[ ISSPRO PERFORMAX GAUGES TRANY,BOOST,EGT ] AIRBAGS,STABLE LOADS,SUPER HITCH,RS9000 SHOCKS,ODDESSY BATTERIES,NIPPON G-REDUCTION STARTER,PARTS ON BENCH FRX,HPX.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:37 AM
New User

300Jim is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks

Thanks, Cropharvester, that makes sense to me. I'll give it a try.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 AM
Junior User

thzpcs is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you're looking to replace that bedliner, I'd recommend something like a Dualliner. No water seepage, and I've yet to hear of any rust issues.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 AM