General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Serious topic inside. If you need help...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:32 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by RL250
The next few months are the most financially stressful for most American families, so let's keep this active through March at least.
Yes I agree---this should be part of all of FTE all year long if that were possible.

And not to pontificate but if we collectively stressed more our participation in the spirit of this time of year and much less on buying stuff quickly forgotten perhaps we'd begin feeling less overwhelmed. Being appreciative for and to those closest to us, expressing that with our words and actions lasts longer than the newest hot item.

Being from the 50's & 60's without so much attention on buying it seemed the stress levels were pretty much non-existent.

We're here to help anyone who can use it!

Old 03-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Shadow944795
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Figured I'd give this one a bump back to the top. If anyone ever needs help send one of us here a message, I'll do my darnest to get back to you the same day.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I usually resort to reading CONAN novels, believe it or not, and thinking back on what I have done and survived.

-I mean that seriously-

"CROM breathes life and willpower into all men, what we do after that is up to us"

MANY times I have thought about that, and refused to give up!!!

The Edgar Rice Burroughs stories of John Carter also made me strong, when all hell comes to breakfast I STILL THINK:

"I STILL LIVE!!!"

And that is my final challenge to anyone, or anything that tries to take me down!

It is good to be stubborn as all hell

PS: Weather permitting, tomorrow I will see if my project suzuki car will start and run without too many more hasslezzz. 'Be good to have wheels again after two (F)ing years!
If it does, I have the cash for a battery.

Does that tell you anything about me? If it does - I hope I just inspired you.

It is possible to live well, even when everyone you see seems to have more than you.

I was talking to my neighbors across the street today, and while me and Dee were hunting for metric bolts for the Suzu, his Lady packed a pair of burgers and some stuff to give me to try, since we have shared so much over the years. Super duper low fat, good for the body - I thanked her. I bet they are the bomb!

'Been thinking about a fishing license and lake permit too...
But I may have to build my own boat.

NEVER QUIT

Old 03-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Shadow944795
Posting Guru
Truer words have not been spoken Greywolf. I know this weekend for me at least has been allot of ups and downs. Started out good but as it drug on it just seemed to become more and more confusing and more and more painful and sad as we reached the end of it, still holding on out here but it made me think about others who might be having one ten times worse and that alone made me come on here to remind others one again that they are not alone and that we are all here for you and there is no shame in asking for help or just talking away the pain for an evening or morning or whenever we talk to you.

Stay strong folks and be one stubborn turd that won't give up the ghost not matter how much things may suck or how hard of beating you seem to get just from being here.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Sometimes it is hard to figure out how to be strong, but so long as I have one can of beans left and some water - I ain't goin' anywhere.

Besides, I have Woola to take care of.

It isn't anywhere near as bad as that - but you know what I mean. If the devil wants to take me he (or she) had better bring an army!!!!

And they better be better than I am....

I STILL LIVE, AND WOOLA FIGHTS BY MY SIDE!!!

* My red dog from mars

Old 03-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Shadow944795
Posting Guru
I plan not to go anywhere for a while as well, I might hate life some-days but really I can't ask for more right now. i got a good family that will help me with almost anything, two of my best friends in the whole world standing at my side ready to back me up at a moments notice and hopefully a good week ahead of me (if Karma isn't a B word this time around) so I'm good for now and will be for days to come.

Gotta just get back on your feet sometimes and walk the pain and sadness away, sometimes that's the only way to get back out of the ruts that seem to keep on digging.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I found something while chasing another thread for more info that may be of help to any VETERANS you know that are not doing so well.

It's an outfit I was not aware of called USVETSINC

I want to spread the word about it because it appears to be genuine, well funded, widely spread in terms of resource centers, and doing good things.
Above all it seems to be realistic about what they intend.

Look at this video, and make up your own minds. It caught me blind side, I had no idea such a thing was in full-play:

If it is for real, and at no charge to walk ins - which I do not know at this time - it is a GODSEND

Many of our former service members feel that they have been abandoned and are completely at a loss as to what to do -

There is no guidance, and little apparent help

THIS could change things for them...

*IF YOU WENT TO BOOT CAMP AND GOT THROUGH IT -then you are a veteran

It is a legally and recognised NON-PROFIT organization, that exists on funds provided by donation, from what I have found so far. NOT a parasite operation

SECOND VIDEO:

If that does not make you understand, I don't think you CAN understand it

PLEASE HELP- that's all I'm asking
And not for me, I have it

~Wolfie