General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Serious topic inside. If you need help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My wife was well worthy of passing - 'nuff said
I stand on my own two - MIDDLE FINGERS

Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One of the warning signs I watch out for is how much I care.

People who suicide have decided not to try anymore.

I have a serious hatred of those who would try to take advantage of me, to rip me off, to ridicule...
TO CONVINCE ME THAT I CANNOT WIN
It goes all the way to the bone, to the very fiber of my being. I am outrageously allergic to those who would seek to take advantage of me.

IF I EVER BEGIN TO WONDER if things matter, if I should continue to fight, if I ought to continue to struggle - or WHY things seem so much harder than they should reasonably be...

I become stubborn.
I don't even know where that part of me comes from. Maybe from my stubborn Pennsylvania Dutch Poppa, I don't know....
Maybe because I have no good reason to believe that any one way or another is better than my own.

I don't know if it is even a bad thing that I should have to think of it - but a few times I came close, and I wondered about why that was.

And that made me more angry than ever.

IF ANGER is the only thing that has kept me alive, then it is a good anger - and it has it's place.
I'm not sure what you call that, maybe it's just plain "FIGHTING SPIRIT" even though fighting is one of the things I don't like.

But if I have to - to finish me anyone who wants to trash me is going to have to shove me down a garbage bin bleeding and lifeless while trying to hang onto life themselves after whatever it took to take me down.

I will not go quietly, and I will never quit.

I have felt pain before, I have been hurt. And to some degree I no longer care about that anymore. I WILL succeed

The only one who can destroy me is myself

For those who wonder - I suggest that you build a STRONGHOLD within yourself, that no one else can take away

It is YOURS

It is YOU

UBU

Be strong, be yourself.

*Quite a few people here have seen me post those three simple letters: "UBU". It has not changed any...

Old 08-15-2014, 05:42 AM
RL250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I refer to you as a strong swimmer in the river of suicide. When you do have thoughts, you turn around and swim back to the no-thoughts area. Greywolf, I recommend you try ASIST training. You are plenty strong enough on your own. I think if you got the training you could use that strength to help others. I think DOD might adopt it in a while. DA is observing our program here.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
RL250
Posting Guru
Just a reminder: September is Suicide Awareness Month, with September 10th being World Suicide Awareness Day. I'm always available, so message me if you want to talk.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:55 PM
RL250
Posting Guru
Exclamation

Today, September 10, is World Suicide Awareness day. Please take a moment of your day and see how your friends and family are. Just say hi to a stranger and wave to those your see. Even a little thing could save a life.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Shadow944795
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RL250
Today, September 10, is World Suicide Awareness day. Please take a moment of your day and see how your friends and family are. Just say hi to a stranger and wave to those your see. Even a little thing could save a life.
Darn right you are on that, I'm glad to see a guy like you on the forums who is willing to offer help to thoose who are suicidal. Very few people these days seem to care enough to help someone who is clearly in need and it downright sickens me to see someone who needs help to just be left alone like it just doesn't matter.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:38 AM
RL250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Shadow944795
Darn right you are on that, I'm glad to see a guy like you on the forums who is willing to offer help to thoose who are suicidal. Very few people these days seem to care enough to help someone who is clearly in need and it downright sickens me to see someone who needs help to just be left alone like it just doesn't matter.
And the forums offer a bit of anonymity over a face to face conversation. If some one wants to approach me, we have the PM system here. We also use screen names, not our real names. So there are a few safeguards in place that are not present in face to face conversations.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:39 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
I hate to be here posting this . I just lost a nice today ... signs were there. Now to pick up the pieces, and move ahead . People, talk to someone if you are distraught .Please .

Old 09-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Shadow944795
Posting Guru
I agree, if anyone is feeling down, don't be a stranger to any of us here. I'll try my darnest to reply back to you if anyone does message me.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:27 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
She was only 15 years old ! Please listen , Hear , Grasp the reality of the situation . You can get help , be a friend , stop someone from passing . I only wish I had been close enough to help her ....

Old 09-25-2014, 09:56 PM
RL250
Posting Guru
Just a word of caution... I do follow this thread VERY closely. If I see anything on here that concerns me, you will be getting a PM within 24 hours. Probably less.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:47 PM
RL250
Posting Guru
Happy Holidays

I know the next few months may be tough on some of us. I would like to once again reaffirm that we are here to help our friends on the forum.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:26 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,390 Likes on 1,099 Posts
I think it's well worth keeping this thread bumped up, this time of year even more so. Its ironic during a time of peace and joy so many feel overwhelmed and too often opt out............

JWC 3 so sorry to hear of your loss----not sure what else to add other than hoping those who remain have all the support they need or want dealing with this.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:46 AM
RL250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by JWA
I think it's well worth keeping this thread bumped up, this time of year even more so. Its ironic during a time of peace and joy so many feel overwhelmed and too often opt out............

JWC 3 so sorry to hear of your loss----not sure what else to add other than hoping those who remain have all the support they need or want dealing with this.
The next few months are the most financially stressful for most American families, so let's keep this active through March at least.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Reps, Critter.

Stewart

Quick Reply: Serious topic inside. If you need help...